Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

IBC STORAGE TANK HELP

ppads52

hi chaps, im looking for an" IBC storage tank" and need advice as to where to buy one, also what size tap is best? is their anything else i should bear in mind when purchasing one. i basically want it to be slowly filling all day and top up my van when i get home. im twin DI at the moment and it takes several hours on a night to fill my van and trailer,therefore an IBC storage is the best way forward. any advice good or bad is most welcome.

thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi chaps, im looking for an" IBC storage tank" and need advice as to where to buy one, also what size tap is best? is their anything else i should bear in mind when purchasing one. i basically want it to be slowly filling all day and top up my van when i get home. im twin DI at the moment and it takes several hours on a night to fill my van and trailer,therefore an IBC storage is the best way forward. any advice good or bad is most welcome.

thank you in advance.
Sorry I can't help with the ibc tank.  Why does it take so long filling double di? I fill about 500 litres in about 20 minutes using double di.  I know people say its better to run it through the di slow but its never found that. 

Sorry I can't help with the ibc tank.  Why does it take so long filling double di? I fill about 500 litres in about 20 minutes using double di.  I know people say its better to run it through the di slow but its never found that. 
i literally run the water as slowly as possible, to be honest i read that it would make the resin last longer.

my TDS is 100 ppm, is yours much lower?

i literally run the water as slowly as possible, to be honest i read that it would make the resin last longer.
I turn the tap on full, lucky enough my waters really low at between 30 and 50. I only use under 3 bags of resin a year ( probably nearer 2) dont know how much it would save running it through a lot slower.  Why not next time you change your resin mark the date down and run It through quick and see how long the resin lasts .

I turn the tap on full, lucky enough my waters really low at between 30 and 50. I only use under 3 bags of resin a year ( probably nearer 2) dont know how much it would save running it through a lot slower.  Why not next time you change your resin mark the date down and run It through quick and see how long the resin lasts .
thats an idea i may try, thanks for your input. appreciate it

You would be better off with a 450gpd R/O as you would get a faster fill, as for IBC's have search on Fb market palce there might be someone fairly local to you selling them cheap @THL4KEL got one cheap from Boro 

Back