Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WATER TRANSFER PUMP RECOMMENDATIONS

ppads52

good afternoon chaps, after more advice please. firstly recommendation for a water transfer pump for my IBC tank please. also when the submersible pump is in the tank do i drill a hole in the tank lid for the outlet hose? also where does the electric cable come out of the tank, these are probably obvious to you chaps, but i must admit i havent a clue. thanks in advance chaps.

does the black tape cover the hole for the transfer hose,assuming the green hose is the transfer?

also what submersible pump have you got and how fast does it fill?

Last edited by a moderator:
does the black tape cover the hole for the transfer hose,assuming the green hose is the transfer?
No, most of us feed the transfer hose in the vent hole in the cap - that's what I did. I removed the vent and laid a piece of cloth around the pipe to stop dust getting in and still allow the tank to vent.

No, most of us feed the transfer hose in the vent hole in the cap - that's what I did. I removed the vent and laid a piece of cloth around the pipe to stop dust getting in and still allow the tank to vent.
makes sense thanks for that, im looking at a titan submersible pump from screwfix, the electric plug looks fixed on it so how can you feed it through the top of the tank? is it ok to cut it off ans rejoin it?

I drilled an hole in the top of the tank for my transfer hole or you can do as Spruce suggested ?

I have a titan submersible pump from screwfix and also a pump noozle type handle from purefreedom which makes life a lot easier when filling tank and especially 25l drums ?

makes sense thanks for that, im looking at a titan submersible pump from screwfix, the electric plug looks fixed on it so how can you feed it through the top of the tank? is it ok to cut it off ans rejoin it?
You have to cut a 'flap' in the tank as the photos show. Then drill a hole at the end of the flap for the cord. You can then fit the cord in the hole you have drilled with the flap peeled back. It will stay in place when the flap is 'returned' and held in place with the screw on lid. You then cover the cuts with tape to stop any dirt ingress.

I drilled an hole in the top of the tank for my transfer hole or you can do as Spruce suggested ?

I have a titan submersible pump from screwfix and also a pump noozle type handle from purefreedom which makes life a lot easier when filling tank and especially 25l drums ?
gonna look for that nozzle, sounds a good idea.

how did you get around the electric cable and plug situation, i diddnt want to drill a hole in the tank the size of the plug, if that makes sense

I also have the Titan pump, but IĀ have a 350ltr water butt which is suitable for my needs lid off chuck it in then I run 30 metres of transfer hose to my van into my upright tank place hose in van tank place lid over then stick a 5ltr container of water on top to weight it down whilst filling after tank is full and i switch the pump off there is around 20ltrs of water in the transfer hose so it goes into a 25ltr container then in the garage or the van.

You have to cut a 'flap' in the tank as the photos show. Then drill a hole at the end of the flap for the cord. You can then fit the cord in the hole you have drilled with the flap peeled back. It will stay in place when the flap is 'returned' and held in place with the screw on lid. You then cover the cuts with tape to stop any dirt ingress.
oh yes i see what you mean now. ive dropped a clanger,ive already filled my IBC tank so cutting it will contaminate the water with bits of plastic. by the way does the flap i cut include cutting into the thread of the tank opening?

oh yes i see what you mean now. ive dropped a clanger,ive already filled my IBC tank so cutting it will contaminate the water with bits of plastic. by the way does the flap i cut include cutting into the thread of the tank opening?
You can cut them with a Stanley knife and no bitsĀ 

do i cut through the neck of the tank, where the threads are for the lid?
Yes cut the same as mine that allows for a large pump after pulling flap back once pump is placed inside re screw lid back on and gaffer tape the slits/cuts.

if memory serves me I think I used a bread knife but not 100% sure.

Back