Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Would I benefit an RO system?

Dirty dan

As the title says, I’m in a good area for water and ppm isn’t very high and I’m doing ok on just a DI system. That being said, even though I don’t need an RO system, would I still benefit from getting one and would it help make the resin last a little longer?

As the title says, I’m in a good area for water and ppm isn’t very high and I’m doing ok on just a DI system. That being said, even though I don’t need an RO system, would I still benefit from getting one and would it help make the resin last a little longer?
It would make your resin last longer but it would very much depend on 2 things. Are you on a water meter and how much pure do you use on average.

It would make your resin last longer but it would very much depend on 2 things. Are you on a water meter and how much pure do you use on average.
Water meters are that scary when you look at the charge per cubic meter including vat. But you can also get tax relief as your water is deductible for your business 

I’m not on a water meter and at the moment I would only get through about 300 litres a day
Lol wish  that was all we used ????. We use 1000 ltr of pure per day per van that’s produced at home plus on commercial work we fill up whilst working we used 2750 ltr yesterday ??? with one van on one job ??

My tap tds is usually around 60-70ppm and I for the last 12 years mostly had an R/O it's far less faff of keeping a close eye on the tds and having to mess on buying and changing resin, a DI only set up is a lot cheaper if not using a storage tank etc but were as setting up an R/O is more pricey with the cost of the R/O transfer pump and storage tank but long term a R/O works out a lot cheaper. 

Lol wish  that was all we used ????. We use 1000 ltr of pure per day per van that’s produced at home plus on commercial work we fill up whilst working we used 2750 ltr yesterday ??? with one van on one job ??
Let’s hope there was more than 275 windows on that monster. If not you are over 10 litres of water a window. That’s ridiculous. Do you know how many windows it has PJJ? I lost count after I ran out of fingers on the first photo. 

Let’s hope there was more than 275 windows on that monster. If not you are over 10 litres of water a window. That’s ridiculous. Do you know how many windows it has PJJ? I lost count after I ran out of fingers on the first photo. 
No never counted them but several hundred , they were opaque with salt not having been cleaned for over 4 months , apart from the hotel we also  did one big appartment block and one small appartment block and around 100 sheets of balustrade both sides it was a lot of square meters of glass ??? I ran the controllers flat out only had two windows with any spotting on them that we had to do again , si was very happy as it’s only 100 meters or less to the sea 

Is that the van that was a converted fire engine? ?
Lol no that wouldn’t hold enough ??? our fire trucks only carry 1800 ltr of water .

No never counted them but several hundred , they were opaque with salt not having been cleaned for over 4 months , apart from the hotel we also  did one big appartment block and one small appartment block and around 100 sheets of balustrade both sides it was a lot of square meters of glass ??? I ran the controllers flat out only had two windows with any spotting on them that we had to do again , si was very happy as it’s only 100 meters or less to the sea 

Lol no that wouldn’t hold enough ??? our fire trucks only carry 1800 ltr of water .
Is that all?

Back