Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Noob saying hello.

Hi all,

Total noob hopefully joining the ranks soon.  Currently a plasterer and tiler, but my body can't hack it anymore, lolol.  Not saying your trade is any easier but I need a change.

Reading through some posts over the last few hours and you all seem friendly, so here goes with some lame questions.

From what I've read, Ladders are a no no due to accidents, and I'm totally on board with that sentiment.  So I was thinking the pole for upstairs.

Couple of questions for now.  I have a Citroen xsara picasso.  Will this be big enough for the pole method? With all the seats down in the back etc.

How much money is the initial outlay for someone with no equipment. I expect the poles to be the most money.  ( I do have ladders should I need them)

Thanks folks

Hi all,

Total noob hopefully joining the ranks soon.  Currently a plasterer and tiler, but my body can't hack it anymore, lolol.  Not saying your trade is any easier but I need a change.

Reading through some posts over the last few hours and you all seem friendly, so here goes with some lame questions.

From what I've read, Ladders are a no no due to accidents, and I'm totally on board with that sentiment.  So I was thinking the pole for upstairs.

Couple of questions for now.  I have a Citroen xsara picasso.  Will this be big enough for the pole method? With all the seats down in the back etc.

How much money is the initial outlay for someone with no equipment. I expect the poles to be the most money.  ( I do have ladders should I need them)

Thanks folks
If you look in this section there is a beginners guide, that’s the best place to start. 
Then get a TDS meter and see what reading your water is. Buy a gadget from tool station to measure your water pressure. Two very basic things needed before you can really decide. Unless you are going to buy your pure water in. 
Happy reading. 

Hi all,

Thanks folks
Here’s a good starter pack if you have spare grand 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FULL-Window-Cleaning-Setup-Everything-You-Need-To-Start-A-Business-Trad-And-WFP/283933603709?hash=item421bc2f77d:g:vHMAAOSwCTZe~JZn

If you look in this section there is a beginners guide, that’s the best place to start. 
Then get a TDS meter and see what reading your water is. Buy a gadget from tool station to measure your water pressure. Two very basic things needed before you can really decide. Unless you are going to buy your pure water in. 
Happy reading. 
Thanks, 

Can I just ask what's the crack with the water. WHy does it need to be pure??

Thanks, 

Can I just ask what's the crack with the water. WHy does it need to be pure??
Welcome on board,  It needs to be pure because normal tap water has mineral deposits in it and if you cleaned windows with tap water they would dry a mess not spotlessly clean.

I would as already recommended keep on reading as well. 

Yay another window cleaner to saturate the market?

How long will this one last? 

One of my customers told me last Friday she had had no less than 5 window cleaners all knock on her door offering quotes...5!!!! and that's in 2 months..

Good luck mate. 

Yay another window cleaner to saturate the market?

How long will this one last? 

One of my customers told me last Friday she had had no less than 5 window cleaners all knock on her door offering quotes...5!!!! and that's in 2 months..

Good luck mate. 
Around here in Rotherham there seems to be a shortage. I'm always getting calls from people who cannot find a window cleaner. 

@Evens 68 A Picasso is one of the better cars around for carrying weight. Obviously a van would be better eventually.

The back seats just come straight out so you could even fit a small flat tank in the back. 

If you're carrying any amount of water in the back of a car though, make sure it's very well secured. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back