Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My first van set up. Thoughts??

ShropsWindowCleaner

Hi all. I’ve attached a photo of my van setup. It’s my first van mounted system. Im purifying the water in the van. I’d appreciate any feedback or thoughts from you all, as you are more experienced than me. It consists of

250 litre tank, Merlin RO (behind tank), 11 litre DI, Booster pump, shurflo pump/controller, external fill/drain connectors.

C6475955-7C20-4EFA-BDE3-89FDDFA6ED9D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you have done a good job there, only negative is strapped in tank but I have done it in the past, have you informed your insurance company of the tank? and mods 

I have a 250 litre tank, takes 1hr 45 mins to fill with booster pump. I’m hoping i won’t have to deal too much with frost. We will see ??‍♂️
you will need to protect your RO system from frost, as if the membranes freeze they are damaged and stop working effectively. a small oil filled radiator or a greenhouse type tube heater plugged in overnight will usually work fine. 

Thanks mate. Will shop around for one ??
You can also wrap your R0 with plastic foil barrier insulation commonly used on loft header tanks and new build loft insulation. Wrap it up with at least 6 passes and she'll be as snug as a bug. You may need to adapt its mounting brackets through 

To be fair looking pretty good for your first go. Over time and with experience you will refine it as you find out what works and what doesn’t.
I don’t produce my water in the van so don’t have the worry about the RO freezing. So for years when it’s freezing overnight I bring the hose reel indoors as that can be a nightmare to get going if it’s frozen anywhere. I’ve never protected my pump (maybe I’ve been lucky) and that’s never frozen.
Don’t know how other people have been finding it but for me the winters haven’t been that bad the last few years. I lived in the South East for years and for Wales the last two.
Good luck with everything.
Do you work in Shropshire?

Ps I will be putting a greenhouse heater in this year so hopefully won’t have to take the hose reel out anymore.

Back