Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is £12 for a bungalow too much ?

Just a standard 2 bed bungalow  but I have no other work in that area so for monthly clean I charged £12 Is that too much as I don't think it is I'm in the south west . 

No I don’t think it is , we have a minimum price of £10 Evan if it’s a door and one window it’s still £10 that’s what I charge to turn up , and that price is if it’s in an area that I cover . 

Just a standard 2 bed bungalow  but I have no other work in that area so for monthly clean I charged £12 Is that too much as I don't think it is I'm in the south west . 
Personally I wouldn't take the job on.......A £12 stand alone job isn't worth cleaning to me.it needs to be right near other work to make it pay.....

But theres no right or wrong...charge what you want.....

Half the time, when it's a stand alone job I get referred to neighbours or seen while doing the job on some occasion when I visit, soon turning a standalone into a row of bungalows in a few months.

maybe that's just me being lucky but any singles turn to doubles for me pretty fast.
Quite agree we do exactly the same thing start off with one or two and end up with 3/4 of the street in some places .

I did one for £25 about 10 years back. The lady was driving through the estate where 99% of my work is and stopped me to enquire about getting hers done. It was about a two mile drive through an area that was notoriously difficult at times for traffic. I explained that it would likely be about £25 and possibly a little more and the reasons why. She accepted and was a very good customer for a couple of years till her husband fell seriously ill and could no longer work. It was quite a large old bungalow but a straight forward job with WFP. 
As it turned out £25 was bang on for the time it took me to get there do the job and get back to where the bulk of my work is.

I am in the south east. I charged my customers £15 to cleaned all the bungalows Windows, sills, frames and two doors every 6 weeks.

Just don't rush the job and try do clean it all in 2 min with wfp. (Not that I am saying you are)

We have a minimum charge of £15 per 4 weekly. This includes bungalows, flats and shop fronts with one or two panes of glass. They're paying for reliability and quality of service (hopefully! ?).

i got one i charge £20 for.
I charge a range of prices, all depending on the amount of windows on offer. Some small, with six windows for £6, others at the £10-12 mark, again for the set amount of windows. One is £17 with a decent sized conservatory included.

Not had a customer ask for it less than a quid a set of windows, just because it's all on one level. No would be the answer to that little question. 

I’ve got a customer that I’ve had for years now and when she phoned up for a quote she said it was “Just a bungalow”. It’s a massive building and couldn’t believe the size of it when I got there. True, it’s a bungalow but a bloody big one! I charge £50 every 8 weeks to give you a rough idea of the size. Easy work being ground level too. 

So, if somebody tells you it’s just a bungalow, make sure you go round and take a look at it!

We have one bungalow that I have to use a 35 foot pole on to reach the dormers on the back due to the slope of the garden 

Back