Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Grippatank floor rollers

Pjj

Premium Member
Just bought these from Grippatank they are far more substantial than the other ones I had before , will be fitting them tonight they also have a much bigger gap in between the rollers so if you want to have an ejected sleeve on the hose it will fit through it no problem, it’s also all stainless steel , they certainly look and feel the part 

495FFF48-A063-41D2-A164-656A6012E8AB.jpeg

B30030BE-1A9F-4637-80C1-18D5174B8469.jpeg

All fitted and much better than the waterworks ones a lot stiffer nk movement at all and a bigger gap between the rollers works very well also cheaper ???

52CF5200-0C81-4BC8-A5B3-2D84AFFB88AC.jpeg

C461E42A-7187-45BF-957B-E4093724CBF6.jpeg

5B7FDC73-A53E-436B-9F1B-A56D64C7DB93.jpeg

1B84B31E-FABE-44F1-A0FA-7767E7A82CED.jpeg

Great job. Looks nice and strong and much better being stainless.

Do you reel all your hose back to the reel or have some way of securing the end to the outside of the van ready for next job? If so what do you use to secure it?

Thanks.

Great job. Looks nice and strong and much better being stainless.

Do you reel all your hose back to the reel or have some way of securing the end to the outside of the van ready for next job? If so what do you use to secure it?

Thanks.
We use hot water so have a return to tank hose under the bumper and connect into that between jobs  

644E0217-38E9-489F-ACCA-AE71397470B8.jpeg

I bought the Waterworks set after a few others had bought them. Pretty flimsy and can't get the hoseless end through them. I maybe lucky because they come down by the side of my toebar flang so I'm going to fix 18mm ply onto it and secure the metal legs to it. As for the space between the rollers, I'm going to remove the securing clip and try and bore the hole wider so the roller has more play. Bar that, I'm following pjj and buying the Grippatank ones. This game is all about buying and testing to see what works the best but can be expensive. ?

I like the waterworks ones and they seem pretty robust to me but I do agree that the gap between rollers can be an issue. I prefer using the slick connectors but they won't go through the gap so you end up having the female end sticking out a bit extra under the van. Good to know about these ones though for future use.

Fs if I had of known about these I would have bought these instead of waterworks ones. Waterworks are flimsy and the threaded bar has already broke twice now on me. How much did these set you back ? 

Fs if I had of known about these I would have bought these instead of waterworks ones. Waterworks are flimsy and the threaded bar has already broke twice now on me. How much did these set you back ? 
Have a look on Grippatank web site I think they are £114 each that’s cheaper than waterworks as well ??

Have a look on Grippatank web site I think they are £114 each that’s cheaper than waterworks as well ??
???

Where they fitted exactly where your last ones went easy enough ?

Last edited by a moderator:
???

Where they fitted exactly where your last ones went easy enough ?
Yes just had to make the holes in the van floor bigger so the hose doesn’t catch on it took me less than an hour to fit three sets of rollers two sets in one van and one in another van . 

Yes just had to make the holes in the van floor bigger so the hose doesn’t catch on it took me less than an hour to fit three sets of rollers two sets in one van and one in another van . 
What made you change over mate ? 

What made you change over mate ? 
Just got another van and needed rollers for it  so thought I would give it a try , I was impressed with it so bought two more for my van  ??? they are cheaper than waterworks  and I like the bigger gap between the rollers you can get the ejected sleeve through the rollers on Grippatank ones but cannot on water works , Grippatank are all stainless as well , very strong no movement in them at all . 

They look tidy. What is the size of the gap between the rollers, would a slick connect fitting pass through? It's about 30mm wide
I dont have any slick connectors but the gap is 50mmx75mm so would imagine they would fit through easily 

Has anybody fitted these or similar rollers to a Fiat Doblo/Vauxhall Combo (2012-2015) or know of anyone that has?
I haven't fitted those rollers, but some other Grippa rollers to my 64 plate combo the issue you will have is the random raised pattern on the floor which won't allow the roller plate won't sit flat what my neighbour had to do was use a big G clamp and two pieces of wood and flatten a raised area if you look closely were there is some silver paint that is the area that we flattened. 

If you want the rollers completely central then the spare wheel underneath will have to come off otherwise you will have to set them to the left or right of the spare wheel, if you are going for a bigger tank as in the other post you commented in then you are going to have to consider where your reel is to be fitted whether manual or electric. 

20200102_142357.jpg

I haven't fitted those rollers, but some other Grippa rollers to my 64 plate combo the issue you will have is the random raised pattern on the floor which won't allow the roller plate won't sit flat what my neighbour had to do was use a big G clamp and two pieces of wood and flatten a raised area if you look closely were there is some silver paint that is the area that we flattened. 

If you want the rollers completely central then the spare wheel underneath will have to come off otherwise you will have to set them to the left or right of the spare wheel, if you are going for a bigger tank as in the other post you commented in then you are going to have to consider where your reel is to be fitted whether manual or electric. 

View attachment 21476
Ah thanks that helps, have you got a picture of the setup looking in through the back doors so I can see angle on the reel into roller? 

Have you found it passed through ok?

Latest Posts

Back