Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best pole at the Moment and brush

Mark75

Hi Guys i need to upgrade my Pole , I need a 35 footer I got a couple of big Houses next week 3 storey houses and a big Conservatory . What is the best .i have a Pheonix and a Gardiner , the Pheonix Well what can I say its useless . It spins bends like anything its horrible to use . I need a rigid pole i spoke to someone recently and he said dont look at anything apart from a ova8 . Does any one have any views on them please the guy I spoke to is a pro not like me so I took it on board . But just wondering who uses one and what they think.  Also I need a decent brush for conservatorys any thoughts on that as well . Thanks for your help 

Problem is it's all about preferences. I'm not sure I'd like the feel of a pole that doesn't spin (when the clamps are slacked off that is).

I'd like to try an Ova 8 to see what it feels like but there's no way I'm spending that sort of money on an pole just to see what it feels like. I also like my twist valve and I cant  see that working well in a oval pole

Cheers. I had read that the gardiner swivel valve wasn't compatible with their scraper I just wondered if anyone had found a way round the issue. I know what an inventive bunch you are ?

Had to use a scraper to remove some muck today, but it has to be attached to a quick-loq adapter after you remove the brush. Hardly ever need to use it though as generally most bird lime I encounter comes off reasonably quickly with a  decent brush.

You would struggle to convince me that there is something better than a Gardiner pole.
I got told with the ova8 you don't need to grip as hard due to the shape of the pole . I looked at a few channels on you tube after I got told about the pole . The Guys seem to love it on there . On thing is the attachments u can get also .

Hi Guys i need to upgrade my Pole , I need a 35 footer I got a couple of big Houses next week 3 storey houses and a big Conservatory . What is the best .i have a Pheonix and a Gardiner , the Pheonix Well what can I say its useless . It spins bends like anything its horrible to use . I need a rigid pole i spoke to someone recently and he said dont look at anything apart from a ova8 . Does any one have any views on them please the guy I spoke to is a pro not like me so I took it on board . But just wondering who uses one and what they think.  Also I need a decent brush for conservatorys any thoughts on that as well . Thanks for your help 
Boss HB22 for me from Bladeright great pole very well constructed and no issues with it at all 

I imagine it would feel odd using a swivel with the Ova 8 as well. Just a thought.
Why though? Surely the brush movement would be the same on any pole? I would think with a Ova8 it was be a lot better in the long term. There is a certain amount of twisting action needed of the pole to control the swivel. This is putting more strain on the clamps of a pole if it’s round. 

Back