First one in ages

Posted (edited)

did a new clean 6 weeks ago.

Didn't have phone number which is rare for me but was a walk up near another job.

6 weekly regular.

The only call back I've had all year due to the vents dripping so went back to sort that and all happy and fine.

Knocked door and said here to do your windows.

"Are you.. I never asked you to come"

"We'll let you know if we want them doing again."

A few expletives and walked away.

Sod these idiots I'm not being polite anymore.

Anyone else actually lost their rag with a customer (well not really a customer if she's binning me off)?

Funnily enough it was one of our "barterer" friends.

Old members will know what I mean.

Edited by Dave B
Teddington Window Cleaners
1 hour ago, Dave B said:

did a new clean 6 weeks ago.

Didn't have phone number which is rare for me but was a walk up near another job.

6 weekly regular.

The only call back I've had all year due to the vents dripping so went back to sort that and all happy and fine.

Knocked door and said here to do your windows.

"Are you.. I never asked you to come"

"We'll let you know if we want them doing again."

A few expletives and walked away.

Sod these idiots I'm not being polite anymore.

Anyone else actually lost their rag with a customer (well not really a customer if she's binning me off)?

Funnily enough it was one of our "barterer" friends.

Old members will know what I mean.

Do you contact your customers and arrange a day and time on the week leading up with your customers or just turn up on the day that has been six week since? 

1 hour ago, Teddington Window Cleaners said:

Do you contact your customers and arrange a day and time on the week leading up with your customers or just turn up on the day that has been six week since? 

All customers get a text the night before and had no reply from them which is normal for most customers. 

Teddington Window Cleaners
6 minutes ago, Dave B said:

All customers get a text the night before and had no reply from them which is normal for most customers. 

Thats very odd then if you have been in communication with them prior. 

1 hour ago, Teddington Window Cleaners said:

Thats very odd then if you have been in communication with them prior. 

It's normal for some pi$$ takers.

Been doing this since 1991 so seen it all now.

No direct debit no window clean for me and I just turn up and crack on with the clean unless windows are wide open and I need to give them a knock to close the windows.

ShropsWindowCleaner

I have an old school round with a lot of my work where I turn up monthly and do the work. However, with covid 19 I now text almost all of my customers to let them know day and time. For reassurance mostly. But yes mate, I have had the situation of turning up and customer saying leave till next month. I turned up to a customer once and they said ‘it’s too hot to clean windows!’. Erm......I think I decide if it’s too hot lol.