Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First one in ages

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
did a new clean 6 weeks ago.

Didn't have phone number which is rare for me but was a walk up near another job.

6 weekly regular.

The only call back I've had all year due to the vents dripping so went back to sort that and all happy and fine.

Knocked door and said here to do your windows.

"Are you.. I never asked you to come"

"We'll let you know if we want them doing again."

A few expletives and walked away.

Sod these idiots I'm not being polite anymore.

Anyone else actually lost their rag with a customer (well not really a customer if she's binning me off)?

Funnily enough it was one of our "barterer" friends.

Old members will know what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
did a new clean 6 weeks ago.

Didn't have phone number which is rare for me but was a walk up near another job.

6 weekly regular.

The only call back I've had all year due to the vents dripping so went back to sort that and all happy and fine.

Knocked door and said here to do your windows.

"Are you.. I never asked you to come"

"We'll let you know if we want them doing again."

A few expletives and walked away.

Sod these idiots I'm not being polite anymore.

Anyone else actually lost their rag with a customer (well not really a customer if she's binning me off)?

Funnily enough it was one of our "barterer" friends.

Old members will know what I mean.
Do you contact your customers and arrange a day and time on the week leading up with your customers or just turn up on the day that has been six week since? 

No direct debit no window clean for me and I just turn up and crack on with the clean unless windows are wide open and I need to give them a knock to close the windows.

I have an old school round with a lot of my work where I turn up monthly and do the work. However, with covid 19 I now text almost all of my customers to let them know day and time. For reassurance mostly. But yes mate, I have had the situation of turning up and customer saying leave till next month. I turned up to a customer once and they said ‘it’s too hot to clean windows!’. Erm......I think I decide if it’s too hot lol. 

Back