Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter repair help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

IslaView

Hi, 

We have some leaky guttering in our garden which is leaking on to the wall and leaving a mossy covering. On close inspection, the union joint between 2 sections appeared loose. I got up the ladder and could separate sections of guttering with little force. If you look at the attached pic, it appears the back side of the left section has been cut too low compared to the right side, so gravity makes the gutter hang, leaving a gap and letting water through. 

What are my options for fixing (for a complete novice and a non skilled DIYer)? I think either get a new section of gutter and Union clip, or try to clip them together and use sealant. 

Ideally looking for the easiest option, but if both are fairly simple, then the option that will last longest. 

Cheers. 

IMG_20200708_183821.jpg

Ha, the thought did cross my mind, but it is attached to our elderly neighbours garage. Assumed it was likely her responsibility, so thought I didn't want to bother her with little things like this and just fix as cheaply as I can. 
You could use a tub of CT1 (£15) and stick it together then screw a self-tapping screw to hold both bits together.

Back