Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

expensive day staying in!

mupps

Well and truly rained off, so I thought I need to order some stuff for the business. Also seeing as I'm down to just the one business card it would be a good idea to re order those as well ?. An expensive day but well worth it, and having time to restock and order essential things. Back on it tomorrow and then it's the weekend!! Sunshine is on the way.......☀️

Oh and beer for the weekend of course ?? 

Well and truly rained off, so I thought I need to order some stuff for the business. Also seeing as I'm down to just the one business card it would be a good idea to re order those as well ?. An expensive day but well worth it, and having time to restock and order essential things. Back on it tomorrow and then it's the weekend!! Sunshine is on the way.......☀️

Oh and beer for the weekend of course ?? 
It's very easy to spend it, just needed a few perishables replacing, 4 new brushes and a few bits and bobs and hey presto a £250 hole in the bank account. But putting it in context I'll probably spend that on drink and a meal out over the weekend, enjoy your beers.

It's very easy to spend it, just needed a few perishables replacing, 4 new brushes and a few bits and bobs and hey presto a £250 hole in the bank account. But putting it in context I'll probably spend that on drink and a meal out over the weekend, enjoy your beers.
Similar amount that I spent too. 

I've decided to out-do you both........Extreme 18 pole order this evening? My bank account is going to love me?

when i stopped drinking and smoking many years ago now(i was spending around £130 a week on it at least!) i vowed to spend that money on a brand new car and van with a professionally fitted diesel heater,the best poles ,etc,etc....so i drive a decent van and a golf GTD these days....

ive also just bought a ROLAND TD27KV electronic drum kit for £2,750........its awesome!the best electronic kit ive ever played on!

you cant take it with you so spend it!(if you can afford to!)....your a long time dead......

when i stopped drinking and smoking many years ago now(i was spending around £130 a week on it at least!) i vowed to spend that money on a brand new car and van with a professionally fitted diesel heater,the best poles ,etc,etc....so i drive a decent van and a golf GTD these days....

ive also just bought a ROLAND TD27KV electronic drum kit for £2,750........its awesome!the best electronic kit ive ever played on!

you cant take it with you so spend it!(if you can afford to!)....your a long time dead......
Cracking car, that, very envious! Thoughts on the latest model? I personally like the look, especially the spaceship looking interior!

It can be done both ways. I drive a nearly new van, car and motorbike. Still spend loads on drink.

I don’t shoot my load because a new pole or brush is being delivered like some, I prefer outright good times. Each to their own I suppose ?

I bet your neighbours love you. ?
I wear headphones.....I dont plug the drums into my drum amp!the electric kits are great for practice without annoying neighbours (and recording in the studio)..my proper acoustic kit  gets used for gigs...I wouldn't dream of playing my acoustic drums in my flat!they are far too loud!???also I don't want to fall out with my neighbours!

It can be done both ways. I drive a nearly new van, car and motorbike. Still spend loads on drink.

I don’t shoot my load because a new pole or brush is being delivered like some, I prefer outright good times. Each to their own I suppose ?
It cant be done both ways if your an alcoholic though!?.....I wouldn't have the great paying window cleaning round I've got now if I'd carried on drinking....I'd be pushing up daisies by now!

Cracking car, that, very envious! Thoughts on the latest model? I personally like the look, especially the spaceship looking interior!
Tbh honest mate I've not seen the new model yet...mines an 18 plate....I'm gonna get another brand new one next year...its the perfect size for me(I can fit all my drums in the boot with the seats down)its fairly fast(0-60 in 7 seconds)and it's good on fuel....it still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it....?

It cant be done both ways if your an alcoholic though!?.....I wouldn't have the great paying window cleaning round I've got now if I'd carried on drinking....I'd be pushing up daisies by now!
Not on about alcoholics. 
Ive been doing this lark for over 25 years and have a well paid round and still drink fairly heavy.

Having my cake and eating it ?.

As @Part Timer said, you have connected drinking to drugs, and now you have to mention  alcoholism. 

Not on about alcoholics. 
Ive been doing this lark for over 25 years and have a well paid round and still drink fairly heavy.

Having my cake and eating it ?.

As @Part Timer said, you have connected drinking to drugs, and now you have to mention  alcoholism. 
I'll be having at least 10 cakes tonight, starting off slowly  :beerchug:

I think we all have to have a degree of self control for you to completely knock it on the head has to be really commended ? not something I could personally do I have 3 days a week off the beer and that's it, before I met my wife I had wild and misspent youth shall we say I have managed to reign myself in but we are all different  

If I’m honest I’m running out of things to buy ? and I’m only 30 in a couple of weeks 
I know the feeling, I'm off to Carlisle tomorrow to pick up a Timberwolf Chipper. Might go along the natural energy path by selling wood chips. Got all my customers hooked if they need any trees cut down or new fencing built.

Laid awake since 5.30am, rather than a knock back from the mrs i occupied myself with a trip to Gardiners website.

Spare jets x9 pairs

Spare rectus fittings various

Pole tape and spray

Rainbow balls

Best part of £100 done ?

Last edited by a moderator:
@steve garwood just for you I have bought x3 SuperMax 3K sections to make an 18ft spare pole as they are selling them off, I can add a insulated SLX-22 base section, now don't get too giddy ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back