Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Screen/monitor for Go Pro - Sky Vac Atom

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wezza13

Have been using my iPhone XR as my screen when clearing gutters. Run through the GoPro app in conjunction with a Hero 4 Silver.

I've been looking for a bigger screen, possibly 7", but can't find any that would be suitable. Going through Google, it seems that the best way would be to buy an Android tablet and run the GoPro app on there. I was wondering if there's anything similar to the Spinaclean monitor out there? 

Ideally, I'd like to use something like the Atomos Shinobi for viewing ( https://www.parkcameras.com/p/B158625V/video-recorders-monitors/atomos/atomos-shinobi-52-full-hd-hdr-photo-and-video-monitor?of_tid=MFRWG5B5GM3TMJTGMVSWISLEHUYSM4DSN5SESZB5GMYTCNA&adGroupId=90328027439&device=c&gclid=Cj0KCQjwo6D4BRDgARIsAA6uN1-ALeag5OSn-T8lqYlQQjnl9sXx_4M7W3p8xnBXXzsvorQlmdnxJVcaAsOfEALw_wcB ) but don't think that it would be able to stream the video from the GoPro, as it won't be running the GoPro app? Am I right?

Any suggestions on a suitable monitor/LCD screen would be much appreciated. Everytime I try to search for something on Google, it brings up 15" portable monitors, etc.

By the way, I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest way. If it costs but works perfectly, then it'd be a good investment.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
iPad - keep it simple!! I picked up a mini for less than £200. Either that or it’s the perfect opportunity to get a new iPhone with a bigger screen. I have an iPhone 8 and find it fine for use with my GoPro 

iPad - keep it simple!!
Makes sense mate, I may go for a mini. I've got the shockproof case on my iPhone XR and it'll just be a pain unscrewing the case off every time I want to use it for gutter clearing. Then again, I could look into a different way of mounting it. 

I may try the other method as mentioned on the other thread ?

Makes sense mate, I may go for a mini. I've got the shockproof case on my iPhone XR and it'll just be a pain unscrewing the case off every time I want to use it for gutter clearing. Then again, I could look into a different way of mounting it. 

I may try the other method as mentioned on the other thread ?
Yeah you need a tablet because you need to be able to load the gopro app onto it.  Obviously a normal monitor you cannot do that.  Any tablet should work, android or apple.  

I did have a look for mine and there were lots of 7 inch ones available from places like currys for around £40 to £100.  

I'm thinking of going bigger though, maybe 10 inch and mounting it on a stand which would be mounted on a small table with wheels and have it in front / next to me.  

Latest Posts

Back