Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ex-ceed Slick Connect O-rings & Lubricant

Dave Bass

Hi guys,

I upgraded to the mk2 slick connects last year after others had issues with the mk1 being stiff to connect. I never had issues but am now with these ones and it’s an issue with the o-rings by the looks of it 

I've emailed ex-ceed direct a couple of times with no response but does anyone know what kind of lubricant I can use and also what size replacement seals I could get?

I was thinking just a dab of silicone grease as I don’t think it’ll get to the water but obviously I don’t want it to affect my TDS or get grease in the line

Many thanks, Dave

Hi guys,

I upgraded to the mk2 slick connects last year after others had issues with the mk1 being stiff to connect. I never had issues but am now with these ones and it’s an issue with the o-rings by the looks of it 

I've emailed ex-ceed direct a couple of times with no response but does anyone know what kind of lubricant I can use and also what size replacement seals I could get?

I was thinking just a dab of silicone grease as I don’t think it’ll get to the water but obviously I don’t want it to affect my TDS or get grease in the line

Many thanks, Dave
a smear of silicone grease is fine.

I use silicone grease with John Guest fittings as well as they also dry out over time. Just put a very light smear on the hose or barb fitting before inserting. 

Back