Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price of gutter cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Scottholt

Hi I was wondering what you guys charge on gutter cleans I was thinking to charge for your standard detached house £25 per side for out side clean and same for inside gutter cleans so £50 in total each side. Is this price to much ? 

I’m asking as I quoted a house with a conservatory I cleaned gutters face and all Of the conservatory plus it’s roof and traditional cleaned all windows of house £150 when I finished the lady complains as I didn’t clean the inside of gutters of house. And that £150 should of covered it all 

I’m asking as I quoted a house with a conservatory I cleaned gutters face and all Of the conservatory plus it’s roof and traditional cleaned all windows of house £150 when I finished the lady complains as I didn’t clean the inside of gutters of house. And that £150 should of covered it all 
I am doing one on Monday, gutter clear, fascia, window and gutter clean, for £160. No conservatory roof either, will be very surprised if it's 3 man hours. I always state clearly that a gutter clean is only the outside and if they want the gutters clearing it's an additional charge.

You need to clearly outline what you are doing whether that be in a formal quote emailed to the custy or even clearly outline in words but some don't listen, I only now do add on's for regular custys and will message them the quote even simply in an email of if they have messaged me via my Fb page.

I was quoting a £150 5-6 years ago for the type of job you mention, these days I don't do gutter clearance I pass those jobs onto a mate who has a gutter vac, I only do gutter wash downs did f.s.g last week took under an hour for a good long term custy I charged £50, I have a 2 bed semi to do which will take 45 mins I reckon for £60.00 but these are both well maintained and cleaned every 12-18 months by myself.

The plastics often takes the most time as the brackets can be a pig to clean i usually Allow 1 hour for clearing the gutters and another 3-4 hours for cleaning the plastics and windows depending on the state theyre in. So usually 4 hours allocated unless the house is of significant size. We did one not long ago big 5/6 bed detached And there was a conny roof involved as well took the two of us 6 hours so 12 man hours total. Its a lot harder on your own as nobody to foot the ladder + the extra slogging. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes as I spoke on phone I didn’t have it down in black and white that was my mistake, she said she could of got what I did for £100 I just gave her back £50 I didn’t want the hassle. I was upset by it all as I did a really good job for her. Never mind lesson learnt 

Yes as I spoke on phone I didn’t have it down in black and white that was my mistake, she said she could of got what I did for £100 I just gave her back £50 I didn’t want the hassle. I was upset by it all as I did a really good job for her. Never mind lesson learnt 
I wouldn't have let her guilt trip me I had a similar thing happen years ago despite clearly outlining the works in a email, I told her she would have to pay extra for someone to clear the guttering and called a lad a knew years ago and she had to stump up, people will try and have you over from all walks of life stick to your guns in the future 

I always email my quotes or text them, sometimes both, with the email quotes I give a full explanation of the service, frequency and information about working in the rain.  

When it's all written down what was agreed then if there is any problems then you can just refer to the quote.  I've never had any issues like you've had though.

I think it looks more professional if you email them a detailed quotation.  I pretty much use the same one but change the name and figures and mention anything that we might have discussed on the quote.

I did a gutter clear for a customer today when I was cleaning their windows. Happened to say to a customer and I got that and the neighbour to do next week. Well worth telling your customers if they need their gutters cleared at a discount because they are your customer. ?

Latest Posts

Back