Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Every Modern Convenience

Incheck

Due to not accepting cuppas during lockdown thought i’d invest in a stove, £12 on amazon comes with a case and everything. Start cleaning a house put the kettle on & boiled in no time. 
Be brill for the winter Too For soup baked beans & pork sausages etc. Got some self contained pots pans mugs Cutlery they all fit inside one another with a lid slots under the van seat job done! How i’ve gone so long without a stove i dont know. Get on it lads

31EBF39C-A434-445C-8F48-B3DDCD71DDAB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
feel like a flask might have been a simpler solution ?
Mate the number flasks we’ve been through is unreal. They either fall out the cab and smash, or after 3 months or so they build up this horrible scale inside and need chucking. Was going through three or four a year ? 

Mate the number flasks we’ve been through is unreal. They either fall out the cab and smash, or after 3 months or so they build up this horrible scale inside and need chucking. Was going through three or four a year ? 
I don't know how long you expect a £12 stove from Amazon to last, might last till winter I suppose.

I don't know how long you expect a £12 stove from Amazon to last, might last till winter I suppose.
I’ve got confidence pal ? I think it will serve it’s time, considering how many times i brew up a day if it does make it in to next year it will have earned it’s badge of honor 

Last edited by a moderator:
stop buying **** flasks then ?.

Get a Stanley, the green enamel ones, they are bullet-proof. I've had mine about 15 years, and my older mates have had the same ones from the 80's and they're still keep water hot for up to 24hrs, just clean them out now and again with a bit of de-scaler when you're doing the kettle.

Due to not accepting cuppas during lockdown thought i’d invest in a stove, £12 on amazon comes with a case and everything. Start cleaning a house put the kettle on & boiled in no time. 
Be brill for the winter Too For soup baked beans & pork sausages etc. Got some self contained pots pans mugs Cutlery they all fit inside one another with a lid slots under the van seat job done! How i’ve gone so long without a stove i dont know. Get on it lads

View attachment 21335
You can't beat a freshly brewed cuppa. We sometimes carry my old (1960s) Primus stove in the van if we're expecting a long day. Mostly we don't as we're usually home within about six hours so we keep going. Sometimes we take turns to have a sandwich while travelling by swapping drivers. If we're about to do a big "spring clean" we'll usually have a bite to eat before starting it.

When we're out sea kayaking we always take the Primus. We can be out for six hours, more sometimes and we aim to haul out about every two hours for a brew and a bite to eat. We never use flasks. We only brew fresh.

Is everyone on here still not accepting cuppas?

I have to admit after about two weeks I got fed up of turning them down and have been accepting them for the last 2 months  or so.
I've had a few in the last couple of weeks.  It was starting to get awkward, peoples attitudes have changed so much that they think you're just being over the top not accepting one, you can see it on their faces.  End of the day people are in the pubs now so cuppa at someones house doesn't seem like it's a big deal.   Been getting toothache though so not enjoyed them, probably punishment for accepting them ?

View attachment 21335
Love it mate!

Is everyone on here still not accepting cuppas?

I have to admit after about two weeks I got fed up of turning them down and have been accepting them for the last 2 months  or so.
Yep, have been for the last couple of weeks. 

Obviously would say no if they came out coughing and spluttering lol.

I personally think tea or coffee out of a flask is horrible.

I keep tea bags, a jar of coffee and a jar of sugar permanently in my van. I then take a flask of boiling hot water and can make a drink whenever I choose.

I also have a separate flask full of milk as I have cereal every day for lunch.

This is also handy as it’s cold milk in the summer, hot milk in the winter ??‍?

Today was a good day.

Mrs Seeking aka Mrs Cheese scones

And 

Mrs Bunting aka Mrs Bakewell tart

Brekkie was hot cheese scones straight from the oven at 9.30, Lunch was 3 cheese scones she wraps me up when i leave and desert was Bakewell Tart at 1.30pm was still warm as came outta oven at 10past 1.

Both cuatomers insist i let them know what time ill be there and they bake based on my arrival time.

Tomorrow is Mrs Allen at Lunch time so will be hot sausage rolls with the best pastry EVER 

My wife calls them my fancy women ???? all 3 are in their late 70s

Today was a good day.

Mrs Seeking aka Mrs Cheese scones

And 

Mrs Bunting aka Mrs Bakewell tart

Brekkie was hot cheese scones straight from the oven at 9.30, Lunch was 3 cheese scones she wraps me up when i leave and desert was Bakewell Tart at 1.30pm was still warm as came outta oven at 10past 1.

Both cuatomers insist i let them know what time ill be there and they bake based on my arrival time.

Tomorrow is Mrs Allen at Lunch time so will be hot sausage rolls with the best pastry EVER 

My wife calls them my fancy women ???? all 3 are in their late 70s
You and window cleaning... Only one thing comes to mind... "Duck to water!"

Good for you! ??

Back