Squeegee rubber position

Hi,

Just starting to do a few windows for existing customers whose properties we manage. Should the squeegee rubber extend beyond the end of the channel or be cut flush with the end. As it is the rubber seems to bend when doing the edges?

thanksBFA5C73E-A85D-452D-A5CB-0FDA938BE915.thumb.jpeg.d24195c213ce846117b97d66cf5f7cce.jpeg

You don't want to cut it flush or the metal channel will damage frames, on the other hand you don't want a lot hanging out the end.

I think the pic looks about right but I'm guessing that others will have strong opinions when they get back from the pub. 😄

Teddington Window Cleaners
1 hour ago, Radders said:

Hi,

Just starting to do a few windows for existing customers whose properties we manage. Should the squeegee rubber extend beyond the end of the channel or be cut flush with the end. As it is the rubber seems to bend when doing the edges?

thanksBFA5C73E-A85D-452D-A5CB-0FDA938BE915.thumb.jpeg.d24195c213ce846117b97d66cf5f7cce.jpeg

This looks good to me! I would trim so there is about 5mm each side. 

If you’re just starting get an Unger “S Plus” channel. Very good to start with, and each end has been slightly pressed/squeezed downward to give a dog-eared effect (good for less detailing at the edge). Not too expensive either. The rubber looks spot on though, having a little bit of overhang at each end 👍.

Edited by wgwindows
Left something out
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/07/2020 at 22:14, Teddington Window Cleaners said:

This looks good to me! I would trim so there is about 5mm each side. 

Think 5mm a tad  too much each end, probably 3mm