Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spots on glass when dry

Tom20

Hi I am new to this and I have cleaned a house today and there has been some spotting on the glass I had a look in my tank and noticed something like dust floating on top has anyone else had this problem and would this be the cause ? Wondering how to get it out of the tank if it is the problem and this is a new tank also has a strainer fitted . I use spotless water for my water so I no my tds is good These windows wasn’t that dirty as they had been done by wfp before. I did rinse the glass off a lot and have my flow on 60 on 1 pain of glass the water looked a bit milky for a bit any ideas and would It help if I use vision in my water ? would be great to know so I can resolve this for the future thanks  4204AFCB-67CA-43CA-A018-900D3B559745.jpegD2477D30-FD2E-4157-95EF-D59479990174.jpeg

Hi I am new to this and I have cleaned a house today and there has been some spotting on the glass I had a look in my tank and noticed something like dust floating on top has anyone else had this problem and would this be the cause ? Wondering how to get it out of the tank if it is the problem and this is a new tank also has a strainer fitted . I use spotless water for my water so I no my tds is good These windows wasn’t that dirty as they had been done by wfp before. I did rinse the glass off a lot and have my flow on 60 on 1 pain of glass the water looked a bit milky for a bit any ideas and would It help if I use vision in my water ? would be great to know so I can resolve this for the future thanks  View attachment 21359View attachment 21358
Looks like they're coming from the top seal.  You can clean the frame and then with a microfibre wipe dry the top seal. Then 'cut in' just below the seal to clean the glass or miss the top frame/seal and go straight to the glass although @Dave B will call me a cowboy for suggesting that ?

Looks like they're coming from the top seal.  You can clean the frame and then with a microfibre wipe dry the top seal. Then 'cut in' just below the seal to clean the glass or miss the top frame/seal and go straight to the glass although @Dave B will call me a cowboy for suggesting that ?
Ok thanks  I’m going back tomorrow to sort it I do want to clean the frames every time tho, I was thinking maybe  some water hit the brick work splashing back or something not sure as some jobs have been good and others left some spots I didn’t notice the water hitting the brick tho 

Last edited by a moderator:
If its white spotting then it could be just because the tank is new. Another thing to remember, Spotless have been delivering pure above 000 so you would need to check your tds. I would first buy a tds meter to check what your are getting in and giving out. I had a customer tell me I left lines down their glass. I had a look and told them the lines were inside. I must have got some pure inside the vents and it went down the inside of the window and down the glass. She was a bit embarrassed because they were there for 4 weeks and she could have cleaned them but in the end it was me that caused it. 

If its white spotting then it could be just because the tank is new. Another thing to remember, Spotless have been delivering pure above 000 so you would need to check your tds. I would first buy a tds meter to check what your are getting in and giving out. I had a customer tell me I left lines down their glass. I had a look and told them the lines were inside. I must have got some pure inside the vents and it went down the inside of the window and down the glass. She was a bit embarrassed because they were there for 4 weeks and she could have cleaned them but in the end it was me that caused it. 
Ok thanks I will get a tds meter I don’t no what I can do if the tds is not good as there is no other filters on the van I just have a strainer its supposed to be a perfect tds reading every time thats what they told me anyway. that’s the 2nd tank of water through this as well. They are white spots on the outside so not sure really 

Did you get a milky residue as you rinsed? Looks like to me the UPVC  / Pinted frames have broken down with the sun. Extra scrubbing then a longer rinse will sort it out.
Yeah that’s when I noticed it but only on 1 window ok thanks I will do that tomorrow 

Did you get a milky residue as you rinsed? Looks like to me the UPVC  / Pinted frames have broken down with the sun. Extra scrubbing then a longer rinse will sort it out.
Bang on mate.

Usually a lot worse on the sunny side of the house.

Yeah that’s when I noticed it but only on 1 window ok thanks I will do that tomorrow 
It is oxidation due to sunlight.

Scrub till water is running clear from the frame then do the glass.

Bang on mate.

Usually a lot worse on the sunny side of the house.

It is oxidation due to sunlight.

Scrub till water is running clear from the frame then do the glass.
Will do thanks probably have to do it every time as they haven’t had a problem before 

I’ve had this a couple of times with wfp. Once it was an older frame that leaked dirt down onto the glass, and once was in very bright sunlight where the glass dried quickly. I have had a couple of traditional jobs where it’s a ground floor window and it gets a lot of run down from rainwater off the wall compared to other windows of the house, and it’s a build up of hard water staining. Then another when a customer used a window cleaning spray from the supermarket to clean their windows and it leaves a horrible residue on the glass.

Those floaters look like bits of plastic, no matter how hard I try my static tank is in a shed and floaters get in there from the tree over the shed and end up in my van tank never bothered me in 9 years or effected my tds or quality of finish on jobs

Those floaters look like bits of plastic, no matter how hard I try my static tank is in a shed and floaters get in there from the tree over the shed and end up in my van tank never bothered me in 9 years or effected my tds or quality of finish on jobs
I think it could be dust or something because as son as you touch it then brakes up and gone 

Back