Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO SYSTEM RECOMMENDATIONS

ppads52

im now at the stage where im using more and more pure water, id like to purchase an ro system and once again need some advice on which system to look at. im using about 500 litres per day, my tds is around 100, my water pressure is under 5 bar so i suppose a booster pump is required.but mainly im looking for a reliable ro system that fits my criteria. tia

im now at the stage where im using more and more pure water, id like to purchase an ro system and once again need some advice on which system to look at. im using about 500 litres per day, my tds is around 100, my water pressure is under 5 bar so i suppose a booster pump is required.but mainly im looking for a reliable ro system that fits my criteria. tia
So what is your water pressure exactly?

I'm sure 99% of us have water pressure under 75psi.

Are you on a water meter?

What do you do now for water?

Looks like a bit over 60psi to me on red scale? 
Yes, you're right, it is just over 60 psi. I think that might be enough pressure to get away without a booster pump. I think I'd give it a try, at least in the early stages of the business. It may not be quick enough once busy. My system is rated to work on a minimum pressure of 40 psi but I have it boosted to 100. My mains pressure is around 30 psi.

Yes, you're right, it is just over 60 psi. I think that might be enough pressure to get away without a booster pump. I think I'd give it a try, at least in the early stages of the business. It may not be quick enough once busy. My system is rated to work on a minimum pressure of 40 psi but I have it boosted to 100. My mains pressure is around 30 psi.
did you build your own system? im looking to purchase a static system in my shed, dont know which though

20200712_183518.jpg

did you build your own system? im looking to purchase a static system in my shed, dont know which though
Yes, I built my own base processing static system. All the parts and equipment were supplied by Streamline. I'm nowhere near to being an expert on the subject but my system works impeccably for us as a two man team. We use about 2000~2500 litres in a week. The system is fully automated except for back flushing for about 15~20 minutes most days. I process in the shed rather than in the garage incase of a pipe burst as I have a  68 year old classic motorcycle in the garage, plus camping gear, tools and books. I pipe the processed water from the shed to the IBC In the garage automatically as part of the process. I reckon the cost to have been about £1200. I made a rough list and pricing a while ago out of interest. My writing is not the neatest but it's the content that's important. A lot of the equipment prices are estimated so may not be anywhere near correct as I was only doing a quick calculation out of my own interest.

The two man, van system with an awful lot of extra equipment is now to the replacement value of around £4000 as I've added an Extreme 22 pole and a Durite SCR to the kit. Also I forgot to list the professional grade leisure battery boxes which weren't cheap.

20200712_183332.jpg

20200712_183933.jpg

20200712_183737.jpg

The shed is bigger than it looks as it's tapered because the garage is not square with the house. I had to make it fit in while allowing a decent width of the path. Shed size roughly 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 x 10 ft, give or take. It houses a washer, dryer and freezer plus the processing equipment and kayaking gear. It is cosy. No room for a barn dance for sure. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
That water pressure should be fine without a booster, my 4021 booster from Daqua only boosts to that pressure?
Had the same mains pressure at my old house and it was no problem using the RO just with the mains pressure, so thats one extra cost removed!

Back