Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tank position in back of van

mikeymikey

Hi guys, I have my 325 ltr tank positioned more to the left than right side on my fiat doblo..  I did this as I have no side doors and so I can put stuff down the right side..  does anyone else do this? Haven't had any problems with uneven tyre wear etc.. just interested to hear peoples experiences 

Which way opposed is the tank??? Does it run lengthways or cross ways of the van. I’m guessing cross ways in a van like that. If so the weight of the driver would probably balance out the load. 

Which way opposed is the tank??? Does it run lengthways or cross ways of the van. I’m guessing cross ways in a van like that. If so the weight of the driver would probably balance out the load. 
Length ways.. so when I open the back I can take hose straight out..  I have the 325 compact form WCW.. 

Just something I started thinking of, always thinking on Sundays lol..

i have a 500L upright tank fitted lengthways so i can fit stuff down the sides plus im not overloading the front/rear axles....an even distribution of weight.....

personally i wouldnt fit a tank anywhere but the middle of my van but its your van!you can do what you want!?.....rather you than me though...

Simple physics dictates that you have shifted the centre of gravity to an off axis position, this can cause instability in certain cases when inertia comes into play. If this hasn't affected you initially then it may never, but take a corner to fast, have to swerve to avoid an accident etc and you may come a cropper, I would personally move it as soon as you can. 

I went for a flat tank for the very reason you listed above, I wanted to store things easily and found boarding the tank in ment I could store things on top. 

I agree off center is not good. Why didn’t you put it crosswayS behind the bulkhead then you would have more room at the back of the van. 

Latest Posts

Back