Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Anyone else fish?


Dave B

Recommended Posts

finished at 2 and had a blinding 3 hrs fishing off the surface with my son.

Sometimes you need to have some time for yourself not just work.

Anyone else?

Or what do you do as a hobby?

 

Collage 2020-07-15 17_27_44.jpg

Edited by Dave B
Link to comment
40 minutes ago, Dave B said:

finished at 2 and had a blinding 3 hrs fishing off the surface with my son.

Sometimes you need to have some time for yourself not just work.

Anyone else?

Or what do you do as a hobby?

 

Collage 2020-07-15 17_27_44.jpg

Used to do a bit but not serious. was nice just to get into the country and relax. I like to get out on my pushbike and peddle round little country lanes with no traffic, really calming. Also great if theres the odd village pub to try there wares 🍺

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Markyboy 50 said:

I worked 6 til 12 then came home and had some lunch. The laid on the settee and had a snooze. Does having a snooze count as a hobby?

I reckon, Marky. 👍. 😁 I can snooze with real gusto and I can do nothing with a passion! Specially now I'm getting on in years. 😉

Edited by Davy G
Link to comment
56 minutes ago, Dave B said:

finished at 2 and had a blinding 3 hrs fishing off the surface with my son.

Sometimes you need to have some time for yourself not just work.

Anyone else?

Or what do you do as a hobby?

 

Collage 2020-07-15 17_27_44.jpg

I used to be a dedicated sea angler in the 1970s and 80s. Beachcasting and rock spinning : Bass, Pollock etc.

Took up kayak training as a beginner in 87, whitewater kayaking around 89 as I gained a bit of experience and confidence. Sea kayak coaching and guiding is my passion now. ⚓🙂

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Myself and my neighbour went to Monk lakes near Staplehurst in Kent on Saturday. Absolutely stunning place.

Caught a nice mirror carp with sweetcorn on my float rod. Was catching average size carp on my carp rod using boilies. Swapped that bait for a bit of chorizo sausage, and pulled in an ugly cat

980BA2E6-E627-4E1F-A378-4BCCD5678F41.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

Myself and my neighbour went to Monk lakes near Staplehurst in Kent on Saturday. Absolutely stunning place.

Caught a nice mirror carp with sweetcorn on my float rod. Was catching average size carp on my carp rod using boilies. Swapped that bait for a bit of chorizo sausage, and pulled in an ugly cat

980BA2E6-E627-4E1F-A378-4BCCD5678F41.png

ive heard that in big enough water, certain catfish, I think the wells catfish, can just keep growing and get 300/400 pound. I think there were cases where they've swallowed people whole. kinda puts one off paddling 🦈 😟

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, ks789 said:

ive heard that in big enough water, certain catfish, I think the wells catfish, can just keep growing and get 300/400 pound. I think there were cases where they've swallowed people whole. kinda puts one off paddling 🦈 😟

My neighbour (a far superior angler to me), went to a lake near Hastings last year and had a 47lb cat, caught using corn beef

Link to comment
1 hour ago, ks789 said:

ive heard that in big enough water, certain catfish, I think the wells catfish, can just keep growing and get 300/400 pound. I think there were cases where they've swallowed people whole. kinda puts one off paddling 🦈 😟

Not sure but I think the british wells record is or was about 62lb.

Still big but not like on the seine in france where they get huge.

 

Edited by Dave B
  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, steve garwood said:

My neighbour (a far superior angler to me), went to a lake near Hastings last year and had a 47lb cat, caught using corn beef

the smellier the better for cats.

Personally I don't like them.

I prefer any kind of active fishing.

Surface in summer and if I'm not stalking I'll have a carp rod out with a popup or double tiger nut.

Winter it's pike time.

I use the same 7 foot e-sox spinflex rod for pretty much all my fishing as it's a predator lure rod but is extremely thin and light. Won't bump off small fish but will handle any carp in this country and is perfect for chucking out lures or floaters all day.

 

Link to comment

I do a bit of sea fishing but the last 3 times I have been didn’t catch anything , the mackerel are very Late this year , so not many bass about either as they feed on the mackerel , Evan the pollack are in hiding at the moment , hopefully things will pick up in the near future . 

Link to comment
17 hours ago, Dave B said:

Not sure but I think the british wells record is or was about 62lb.

Still big but not like on the seine in france where they get huge.

 

I fished for them in the south of France once when I was younger and had a few 50's out.

Slimy horrible things they are. 

Kept taking my carp bait.

Link to comment

I kept catching these silly little thing when I went out. Just kept catching them then dropping them back in.
My mate caught a ginormous one later that day. Literally 2footx2foot. I didn’t realise we had stuff like that off Bournemouth/Poole coast

0F0582DC-DCE1-45EE-8F50-E745739957EB.png

Maybe bigger, maybe 3x3 foot. It was huge & really heavy. 

Link to comment

nice dude nice. Went with my father a lot as a kid, i don’t think there are many better passtimes for a father and son 😎 caught what i believe was Plaice in scotland beach fishing, we then took it home and cooked it, as a kid i wasnt too impressed but don’t mind it now. 
he had a boat so we went sea fishing on that a couple of times too. Got caught in really bad weather once which made it all the more exciting for me as a little un i didn’t understand the danger. 
He sold all his fishing gear well over 20 years ago as the boat got two expensive to run and it was shared between 3 mates who both pulled out leaving him lumped with all the fees and costs on his own. Haven’t been much since sadly. I now have darts as a major hobby outside work, if anyone has noticed i’ve been a little less active on here than i used to be...darts being the reason 🎯

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Incheck said:

nice dude nice. Went with my father a lot as a kid, i don’t think there are many better passtimes for a father and son 😎 caught what i believe was Plaice in scotland beach fishing, we then took it home and cooked it, as a kid i wasnt too impressed but don’t mind it now. 
he had a boat so we went sea fishing on that a couple of times too. Got caught in really bad weather once which made it all the more exciting for me as a little un i didn’t understand the danger. 
He sold all his fishing gear well over 20 years ago as the boat got two expensive to run and it was shared between 3 mates who both pulled out leaving him lumped with all the fees and costs on his own. Haven’t been much since sadly. I now have darts as a major hobby outside work, if anyone has noticed i’ve been a little less active on here than i used to be...darts being the reason 🎯

Do love darts.

Played a charity event in Harrow years ago doubles with robert powell on my team.

Got knocked out by my mum with dennis waterman lol.

Mum's other half beat eric bristow then bobby george spanked him.

I'm biased as I loved the detectives with Robert powell and jasper carrot butbhe is one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

I don't know if he still owns it but Bobby george used to own 2 lakes in colchester by george hall.

I've fished there years ago.

Not heard anyone mention it since.

 

Edited by Dave B
  • Like 2
Link to comment

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept