Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone else fish?

Dave B

Staff member
finished at 2 and had a blinding 3 hrs fishing off the surface with my son.

Sometimes you need to have some time for yourself not just work.

Anyone else?

Or what do you do as a hobby?

Collage 2020-07-15 17_27_44.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyone else?

View attachment 21382
Used to do a bit but not serious. was nice just to get into the country and relax. I like to get out on my pushbike and peddle round little country lanes with no traffic, really calming. Also great if theres the odd village pub to try there wares ?

Anyone else?

View attachment 21382
I used to be a dedicated sea angler in the 1970s and 80s. Beachcasting and rock spinning : Bass, Pollock etc.

Took up kayak training as a beginner in 87, whitewater kayaking around 89 as I gained a bit of experience and confidence. Sea kayak coaching and guiding is my passion now. ⚓?

Myself and my neighbour went to Monk lakes near Staplehurst in Kent on Saturday. Absolutely stunning place.

Caught a nice mirror carp with sweetcorn on my float rod. Was catching average size carp on my carp rod using boilies. Swapped that bait for a bit of chorizo sausage, and pulled in an ugly cat

980BA2E6-E627-4E1F-A378-4BCCD5678F41.png

Myself and my neighbour went to Monk lakes near Staplehurst in Kent on Saturday. Absolutely stunning place.

Caught a nice mirror carp with sweetcorn on my float rod. Was catching average size carp on my carp rod using boilies. Swapped that bait for a bit of chorizo sausage, and pulled in an ugly cat

View attachment 21384
ive heard that in big enough water, certain catfish, I think the wells catfish, can just keep growing and get 300/400 pound. I think there were cases where they've swallowed people whole. kinda puts one off paddling ? ?

ive heard that in big enough water, certain catfish, I think the wells catfish, can just keep growing and get 300/400 pound. I think there were cases where they've swallowed people whole. kinda puts one off paddling ? ?
My neighbour (a far superior angler to me), went to a lake near Hastings last year and had a 47lb cat, caught using corn beef

Not sure but I think the british wells record is or was about 62lb.

Still big but not like on the seine in france where they get huge.

My neighbour (a far superior angler to me), went to a lake near Hastings last year and had a 47lb cat, caught using corn beef
the smellier the better for cats.

Personally I don't like them.

I prefer any kind of active fishing.

Surface in summer and if I'm not stalking I'll have a carp rod out with a popup or double tiger nut.

Winter it's pike time.

I use the same 7 foot e-sox spinflex rod for pretty much all my fishing as it's a predator lure rod but is extremely thin and light. Won't bump off small fish but will handle any carp in this country and is perfect for chucking out lures or floaters all day.

I do a bit of sea fishing but the last 3 times I have been didn’t catch anything , the mackerel are very Late this year , so not many bass about either as they feed on the mackerel , Evan the pollack are in hiding at the moment , hopefully things will pick up in the near future . 

Not sure but I think the british wells record is or was about 62lb.

Still big but not like on the seine in france where they get huge.
I fished for them in the south of France once when I was younger and had a few 50's out.

Slimy horrible things they are. 

Kept taking my carp bait.

I don’t, but have done a few times in the past, I enjoyed it and would like to try it more. But don’t hang around with anyone who does now

I kept catching these silly little thing when I went out. Just kept catching them then dropping them back in.
My mate caught a ginormous one later that day. Literally 2footx2foot. I didn’t realise we had stuff like that off Bournemouth/Poole coast

0F0582DC-DCE1-45EE-8F50-E745739957EB.png

Maybe bigger, maybe 3x3 foot. It was huge & really heavy. 

nice dude nice. Went with my father a lot as a kid, i don’t think there are many better passtimes for a father and son ? caught what i believe was Plaice in scotland beach fishing, we then took it home and cooked it, as a kid i wasnt too impressed but don’t mind it now. 
he had a boat so we went sea fishing on that a couple of times too. Got caught in really bad weather once which made it all the more exciting for me as a little un i didn’t understand the danger. 
He sold all his fishing gear well over 20 years ago as the boat got two expensive to run and it was shared between 3 mates who both pulled out leaving him lumped with all the fees and costs on his own. Haven’t been much since sadly. I now have darts as a major hobby outside work, if anyone has noticed i’ve been a little less active on here than i used to be...darts being the reason ?

nice dude nice. Went with my father a lot as a kid, i don’t think there are many better passtimes for a father and son ? caught what i believe was Plaice in scotland beach fishing, we then took it home and cooked it, as a kid i wasnt too impressed but don’t mind it now. 
he had a boat so we went sea fishing on that a couple of times too. Got caught in really bad weather once which made it all the more exciting for me as a little un i didn’t understand the danger. 
He sold all his fishing gear well over 20 years ago as the boat got two expensive to run and it was shared between 3 mates who both pulled out leaving him lumped with all the fees and costs on his own. Haven’t been much since sadly. I now have darts as a major hobby outside work, if anyone has noticed i’ve been a little less active on here than i used to be...darts being the reason ?
Do love darts.

Played a charity event in Harrow years ago doubles with robert powell on my team.

Got knocked out by my mum with dennis waterman lol.

Mum's other half beat eric bristow then bobby george spanked him.

I'm biased as I loved the detectives with Robert powell and jasper carrot butbhe is one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

I don't know if he still owns it but Bobby george used to own 2 lakes in colchester by george hall.

I've fished there years ago.

Not heard anyone mention it since.

Do love darts.

Played a charity event in Harrow years ago doubles with robert powell on my team.

Got knocked out by my mum with dennis waterman lol.

Mum's other half beat eric bristow then bobby george spanked him.

I'm biased as I loved the detectives with Robert powell and jasper carrot butbhe is one of the nicest guys I've ever met.
Sounds like good fun ? i can’t wait to play in the pubs for real again. I feel it’s needed now. Between march and may i had an amazing few months on the board at home but going through a bit of a slump lately, trying to pick it back up but need real live competitive darts again to keep me on my toes i think

Back