Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

If you could have only 1 brush what would it be?

As per the title:

If you could have only 1 brush for all work what would it be? 
Hi Ched, I really like the Extreme Sill Brush for maintenance washes but in answer to your question. I think I'd choose the Medium Mixed Sill Brush for the extra bristles to also cover the really dirty jobs, soapwashes and conservatories. 100 degree fan jets, all the way, whatever brush or job.

Just one would be super lite medium mixed. As it’s the best for first cleans, Connie roofs & some fsg jobs. But it’s not my every day maintenance brush. 

I wouldn’t want to use just one brush TBH, the brush for the right purpose in my opinion.

for example one day a Month we clean 30 house and 26 of them are leaded so a flock for them 26 without a doubt much smoother than any other brush for leaded. 

I wouldn’t want to use just one brush TBH, the brush for the right purpose in my opinion.

for example one day a Month we clean 30 house and 26 of them are leaded so a flock for them 26 without a doubt much smoother than any other brush for leaded. 
It was just a little fun question.

Bit like desert island discs ?

I wasn't expecting everyone to ditch all their brushes ?

The one I want isn't available. DuPont Tapertec Xtreme. I love working with the lightweight of the Xtreme brushes. I like the Ultimate version but it's a tad too heavy for my liking.

I'm currently using a flocked Xtreme cut down from a flocked Xtreme sill brush. I love it but really want the above. C'mon Alex ??

The one I want isn't available. DuPont Tapertec Xtreme. I love working with the lightweight of the Xtreme brushes. I like the Ultimate version but it's a tad too heavy for my liking.

I'm currently using a flocked Xtreme cut down from a flocked Xtreme sill brush. I love it but really want the above. C'mon Alex ??
Got a photo please as I was thinking of maybe shaving the back row of bristles off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a photo please as I was thinking of maybe shaving the back row of bristles off.
20200716_234203.jpg

20200716_234231.jpg

I used a jigsaw held in my workmate on slow speed for safety. I angled the plate of the jigsaw so the blade cut a few degrees off right angle so it wouldn't catch on the bristles and then trimmed off with a file, but coarse sandpaper could be used on a block or bench. I also carefully trimmed off the blocky end bits so it resembles the standard Xtreme stock. (Oh, I pulled the bristles before cutting the stock)

I would not recommend attempting this with the jigsaw on full speed for obvious reasons

The result is a great brush. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back