Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Min charge for gutter clearing

Shotputtman

Evening all

Can i ask general opinion on a minimum charge for gutter clearing using a gutter vac?

Just putting leaflets out so hopefully some enquiries start to come in And trying to put a pricing structure together

Surrounded by terraced 2-3 bed houses down here but also 5-6 bed houses slightly further a field. 

Thank you

This would depend if it's an add on or not. If you have to load gutter vac, genie and tools to do one off jobs for non window clean customers then my price would be £100 minimum. If it's  for regular windy customers then it would be anything between £40 - £80 depending on size, difficulty  and how good a customer they are. If they are jobs that you carry all equipment for then £50 an hour is the target.

Sorry for the ambiguity but it isn't an easy cut and dried answer. I can also pick and choose jobs, whereas if you are trying to establish yourself then you might need to be flexible regarding fixed pricing.

£60 is my minimum regardless of the amount of guttering that needs clearing. It sometimes takes longer to unload the van and set everything up than do the job!

Of all the services I offer (pressure washing, fsg, conny roofs etc) Skyvacing is the only job I’m willing to negotiate on price a little. I find it the easiest and best paid service so I like to bag the quotes. 

Back