new submersible pump

johnny bravo

johnny bravo

Got my new transfer pump yesterday when my old pond pump ive been using for 6 years died on me.

New 1in. Hose also.

Machine Mart.

Fitted Garden hose on to begin with,     Shyphoning it will have been quicker, well so i thought at the time

Went back to machine mart,   thinking of changing it to higher power output pump.        Salesman explained that will make no difference to what i want it for.

Gave me a demo with a new 1inch pipe fitted on pump.   Could not believe the difference in waterfklow .  OOzing out .

So new Pump , new hose      Happy days.       Transfers 200 litres in under 2 minutes.     Where as before it used to take   around 10 minutes.

Good choice.

20200718_134832.jpg

johnny bravo

Can anyone recomend  a fitting so i can add or remove this hose as and when needed.    It will make it easier to take hose off to put away   and the pump,   instead of al joined togeather.

on my old pump with garden hose i had a hoze lock connectors , click on / click off to store away seperatelly  so not so Bulky.  and emptying water all togeather from hose

21 minutes ago, johnny bravo said:

Can anyone recomend  a fitting so i can add or remove this hose as and when needed.    It will make it easier to take hose off to put away   and the pump,   instead of al joined togeather.

on my old pump with garden hose i had a hoze lock connectors , click on / click off to store away seperatelly  so not so Bulky.  and emptying water all togeather from hose

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/1in-female-coupler/

+

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/1in-male-coupler/

49 minutes ago, johnny bravo said:

Yes a cam lock fitting. Available in HDPE plastic, aluminium and stainless steel 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=1+inch+camlock&sprefix=1+inch+cam&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-a-p_1_10

Screenshot_20200718-150156_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200718-150140_Chrome.jpg

So you would recommend now you have the better hose. 
I am wanting something like this to remove water from my van tank from time to time, I seem to get a lot of bits in it. So this should empty my tank to clean it. 
Thank goodness for the strainer. 😃

johnny bravo

so with these you fit onto hose and clip togeather  as and when you transfer your water. then unclip your main hose for easier storage  if needed.     i will check them out.  Machine mart seem to be a cheaper option.   to do same job.     Thanks for your help

johnny bravo

i  have one connected onto my other hose which i used with my old pump  easy to store away from the pump, when needed just connect up