Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiners Backpack

THL4KEL

Has anyone ever had this problem. The female rectus fitting needs replacing as it's stuck in open position not connected to pole hose.

The back pack is switched off, but it's slowly emptying water out of the hose...

Had this very recently with the Exceed hoseless kit, made the van nice and wet overnight!

Apparently the female rectus fitting is changeable in the ejector sleeve, will need to look into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The rectus fittings were originally designed as air line fittings. So they don't last indefinitely on wfp equipment. You could try a spray of wd40 on the outside of the fitting being careful not to contaminate the inside. There is a spring inside that can fail. 

They are quite cheap to replace so might be easier just to put a new one on. I believe it's recommended to change the male end at the same times.  

Has anyone ever had this problem. The female rectus fitting needs replacing as it's stuck in open position not connected to pole hose.

The back pack is switched off, but it's slowly emptying water out of the hose...
A dirty seal plunger with **** getting into the fitting or damage due to being dropped.. cheap affordable fitting and always worth having spares for spares onboard your van at all times .

We find they dont last long there was another thread discussing this only a week or so ago , they jam open bit of wd 40 and and squeeze the hose to stop the flow give it a tap then releases the hose and it should snap shut , but it will still fail at a later date , we need a proper fitting designed for  wfp use 

We find they dont last long there was another thread discussing this only a week or so ago , they jam open bit of wd 40 and and squeeze the hose to stop the flow give it a tap then releases the hose and it should snap shut , but it will still fail at a later date , we need a proper fitting designed for  wfp use 
I second this. Exceed have a good idea with the Slick-connect (wouldn't work so well for pole hose) but the plastic casing snaps far too easily. Was gonna start a thread on it when I can be bothered to take photos ?

I bit of grease should sort it, grease the 3 ball bearings and it should close I had one jammed open last week and greased it and this week it's like new. 

Those rectus fittings on my main hose reel seem to only last me 6 months, sometimes less if I accidentally knock them about about it, but it’s an easy change, and it’s so nice when it’s new that it clicks in like butter, then 2 months later pushing it in is like a workout!  
My back pack fitting thought is still original after a year ?

Those rectus fittings on my main hose reel seem to only last me 6 months, sometimes less if I accidentally knock them about about it, but it’s an easy change, and it’s so nice when it’s new that it clicks in like butter, then 2 months later pushing it in is like a workout!  
My back pack fitting thought is still original after a year ?
Get a cheap protector ball or cheap poundland sink plunger and use the rubber cone as a fitting protector 

20200720_220549.jpg

20200720_220528.jpg

Latest Posts

Back