Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Algoclear on plastic conny roof.

Lee89

Good Evening everyone 

Have any of you got overspray on a plastic conservatory roof before? 

The customer called me today saying there is a haze on a roof panel after a roof clean I carried out last week. For the clean I used Algoclear pro. 

I went back and gave the roof panel a good clean with just pure water and some of the haze went but not all. 

Has anyone come across this before and if so how did you solve the issue?

Thanks 

I only use degreaser and hotwater so never had any problem. I would just re-clean it with ubik, virosol or degreaser. I guess you won't use Algoclear again.
Sorry I should have explained better. I treated the customers house roof with Algoclear after scraping it and I think some overspray went onto the plastic conservatory roof below which may have caused this haze. 

Ill give it a go with degreaser in the morning though. 

Sorry I should have explained better. I treated the customers house roof with Algoclear after scraping it and I think some overspray went onto the plastic conservatory roof below which may have caused this haze. 

Ill give it a go with degreaser in the morning though. 
I don’t think algo clear  Pro will hurt plastic roofs , we have used loads of it and never had any problems, if it’s a plastic roof it will probably be condensation in the air gap which you won’t be able to do anything about and won’t have caused it either .

I don’t think algo clear  Pro will hurt plastic roofs , we have used loads of it and never had any problems, if it’s a plastic roof it will probably be condensation in the air gap which you won’t be able to do anything about and won’t have caused it either .
Thanks Pjj

I did have my suspicions wether the haze was there before the Algoclear was used but unfortunately I can’t prove it. 

Thanks Pjj

I did have my suspicions wether the haze was there before the Algoclear was used but unfortunately I can’t prove it. 

It’s up to the customer to prove to you it wasn’t there before, not the contrary. It’s possible that the customer wants you to fix a problem that was already there.

Some sneaky ones out there ?

Back