Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Subcontracting Advice

Neil.. Lancashire

Can any one advise with regards to being exempt from construction industry scheme when carrying out work for bigger companies.

From what I can see online I think we are exempt because we are only cleaning windows and PVC cleaning but not sure how to prove this, which is whats being asked of us. 

Otherwise they will be deducting 30% 

Thanks

Neil

Can any one advise with regards to being exempt from construction industry scheme when carrying out work for bigger companies.

From what I can see online I think we are exempt because we are only cleaning windows and PVC cleaning but not sure how to prove this, which is whats being asked of us. 

Otherwise they will be deducting 30% 

Thanks

Neil
Any company using cis scheme should only be taking 20% off your earnings.

I used to be a subby to a large flooring company and used to get taxed 20%, you won't be exempt i don't think, as you are working for a contractor as a subby.

Unless there's another way round it I don't know about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any company using cis scheme should only be taking 20% off your earnings.

I used to be a subby to a large flooring company and used to get taxed 20%, you won't be exempt i don't think, as you are working for a contractor as a subby.

Unless there's another way round it I don't know about?
Thanks Lee,

Looks like you have got to register for cis scheme and then apply for gross payment status.

Back