Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anti Vandal Grease on Brush

ShropsWindowCleaner

How would you deal with cleaning a brush that has been contaminated with anti vandal grease? Without thinking I cleaned a 10p size blotch of grease off a skylight, and then cleaned several windows. The windows got the grease spread all over them like butter and dried horrifically. I had to trad clean them with fairy to try and get the anti vandal grease off the glass. I can’t use my brush until i remove the grease? I was thinking of soaking it in citrolsol? Has this happened to anyone else? ??‍♂️

I have only got it on a brush once ended up throwing it away , tried petrol , thinners and nothing would get rid of it . 

Yep i picked a load of grease once,cant remember the full details,but yes transfereing grease to windows etc.I think i used white spirit to clean the grease out,followed by fairy then rinse rinse rinse.Come to think of it i might just have used neat fairy only

Pigeon repellent gel is another nasty that you don't want to get on your brush. It was the most sticky, gooey stuff I've ever come across. I was recommended on one of the forums to try soaking the brush in a hot biological washing powder solution. I did this, rubbing the solution well into the bristles. Let it soak for quite a while then rinsed it thoroughly. If memory serves I had to do it twice. Nothing else I tried worked.

Big bowl of hot water, filled with fairy and degreaser, let the brush sit in it? As said above, washing powder seems a good choice too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the suggestions everyone ?? Since i already have citrosol cleaner in the van, i’m going to make a solution using boiling water and then let the brush sit in the solution for a few days. Will let you know the results. In the meantime i’ve ordered a new brush ??‍♂️

How would you deal with cleaning a brush that has been contaminated with anti vandal grease? Without thinking I cleaned a 10p size blotch of grease off a skylight, and then cleaned several windows. The windows got the grease spread all over them like butter and dried horrifically. I had to trad clean them with fairy to try and get the anti vandal grease off the glass. I can’t use my brush until i remove the grease? I was thinking of soaking it in citrolsol? Has this happened to anyone else? ??‍♂️
Poundland elbow grease or Gunk engine degreaser. Stay well away from boiling hot water as the bristles will curl and shrink like your little fella on a winters morning 

Latest Posts

Back