Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on organising a growing round

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JBC

Hi guys, any suggestions on how to organising a growing round? 

I recently sold some work that was a considerable drive away as my more local work has been growing nicely. 

I am at the point where fitting new jobs in is a bit of a pain and I could do with shuffling things around so it makes more sense. 

Any experience on the best way to do this? how did you let customers know etc? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, any suggestions on how to organising a growing round? 

I recently sold some work that was a considerable drive away as my more local work has been growing nicely. 

I am at the point where fitting new jobs in is a bit of a pain and I could do with shuffling things around so it makes more sense. 

Any experience on the best way to do this? how did you let customers know etc? Thanks
Your post doesn’t seem to make any sense. You have had a lot of work but now sold some, concentrating more local. That’s growing nicely, so that’s good. there’s only you who can shuffle things round. You know your work and area’s, so it should be easy. 

Just move it around as you see fit custys won't care if you are days behind and some won't even notice at all. if you aren't using an app like Cleaner Planner I would recommend using one as this will help out with juggling a bigger workload. 

Your post doesn’t seem to make any sense. You have had a lot of work but now sold some, concentrating more local. That’s growing nicely, so that’s good. there’s only you who can shuffle things round. You know your work and area’s, so it should be easy. 
Ha, yes sorry I haven't explained myself very clearly.

I wasn't really sure what to say to customers etc. Some can be very funny if I am a few days late. But as the others have said, best just to be honest with them and say I am rearranging the round ??

Just move it around as you see fit custys won't care if you are days behind and some won't even notice at all. if you aren't using an app like Cleaner Planner I would recommend using one as this will help out with juggling a bigger workload. 
Thanks @Iron Giant

I use squeegee app

I find it good but am tempted by cleaner planner as it seems to get more recommendations than squeegee ?

Ok now I understand. I have a large round, but to be honest I just use excel sheets. It’s really strange with some people, a few days late is really nothing, but I do know some cling to it, even if you arrive in the afternoon, some say your usually here in the morning?. The weeks fly by, I must be getting old ?. Hope you manage to get it sorted. 

Ok now I understand. I have a large round, but to be honest I just use excel sheets. It’s really strange with some people, a few days late is really nothing, but I do know some cling to it, even if you arrive in the afternoon, some say your usually here in the morning?. The weeks fly by, I must be getting old ?. Hope you manage to get it sorted. 
Thanks mate, I just need to brew a strong pot of coffee and get on with it, I find it's something I have been putting off. 

I don't know why but with all the virus situation and lockdown etc this year seems to have flown by faster than any I have ever known ?‍♂️

I use squeegee app

I find it good but am tempted by cleaner planner as it seems to get more recommendations than squeegee ?
If you are happy with it stick with it, I have tried Squeegee in the past and just last week and the same issues for someone importing from another provider is still there, all jobs are listed as active even the ones I don't have on my rounds anymore, some jobs are showing £100's in credit and others £100's in debt, so I'll stick with CP 

Back