Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Double di vessels fitted

Stevo66

just completed change from ro/di to 2x11l di vessels inline. Have fitted them before tank so i fill the tank for use. 

Question I have is, is this the best way or is it better to fit on water coming out of tank to pumps.

So I have water into 400l tank.400l tank to di vessels. Vessels to pumps. Pumps to brushes.

Don't know wats best way so looking for advice really.

Thanks

400l tank to di vessels. Vessels to pumps. Pumps to brushes

You always have pure water if you run out just top up with any hosepipe 

just completed change from ro/di to 2x11l di vessels inline. Have fitted them before tank so i fill the tank for use. 

Question I have is, is this the best way or is it better to fit on water coming out of tank to pumps.

So I have water into 400l tank.400l tank to di vessels. Vessels to pumps. Pumps to brushes.

Don't know wats best way so looking for advice really.

Thanks
Just to clarify.  You do have pure water in your tank and not tap water you are trying to purify on demand?

Had a chap last week asking me why is system and flow was so poor. He built his own system based upon the way an unger hydropower worked 

Depends on your preference. Some like to have the pure water in the tank, especially if they want to fast fill a backpack. On the other hand, di vessel after tank means if you need to empty the tank you're not wasting pure. Also because its possible that the flow coming out of the tank is slower, it may make your resin last longer 

If its after the tank then I would say tank then pump then di vessels then brush. That way the pump isn't trying to suck water through the di vessels. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on your preference. Some like to have the pure water in the tank, especially if they want to fast fill a backpack. On the other hand, di vessel after tank means if you need to empty the tank you're not wasting pure. Also because its possible that the flow coming out of the tank is slower, it may make your resin last longer 

If its after the tank then I would say tank then pump then di vessels then brush. That way the pump isn't trying to suck water through the di vessels. 
How many times have you had to empty the tank? I haven't had too in three years.  Even if you have to pure doesn't cost that much you would maybe waste 1 or 2 pound.  

How many times have you had to empty the tank? I haven't had too in three years.  Even if you have to pure doesn't cost that much you would maybe waste 1 or 2 pound.  
Not often, maybe twice over a few years. Other people may be more often for some reason, others never do. Just thought I'd mention it as a consideration

Back