Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Relive resin. Get most out of resin.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Azz1

Hello everyone. Sorry for another post. Couldn't find it in the search bar. I am wondering if they is any way to maybe get more life or to ' restart ' my resin to get the most out of our. My TDs meter generally comes out about 35 - 50 ppm I understand the RO process but can't afford that route just yet. Any help would be grateful as per. Thanks ?

Hello everyone. Sorry for another post. Couldn't find it in the search bar. I am wondering if they is any way to maybe get more life or to ' restart ' my resin to get the most out of our. My TDs meter generally comes out about 35 - 50 ppm I understand the RO process but can't afford that route just yet. Any help would be grateful as per. Thanks ?
Do you double di or single ?. Giving the vessel a shake will sometimes increase the life if the resin by moving it around a bit , but most double di 

Do you double di or single ?. Giving the vessel a shake will sometimes increase the life if the resin by moving it around a bit , but most double di 
Sorry if any confusion everybody. I meant that 'tds meter reading' is before it goes into my do vessel. Pjj I do single and Thank You. Thanks

I use only Resin and no RO

I have 2x unger hydropower 

A two stage sediment and carbon block filter 

My mains tap water goes through the two stage filters and then into the first DI and onto the second 

I place a brand new resin bag in DI 2 and the old bag from DI 2 into DI 1 which works as a scrubber and prolongs the life of my resin and repeat that process time and time again

I never allow my resin in DI 2 to exceed 001 and only run my fill process while constantly watching the HM unger TDS meter 

The TDS in Di 1 is only getting to 009 before I dispose of it 

Last edited by a moderator:
I empty my Di resin out in a black bag, mix it around throughly with a clean trowel and plonk it back into the vessel. Drops the ppm back to 000 for me time and again. Yes it's a pain to do but I'd sooner save the change on new resin for a little elbow grease for ten mins. I let mine rise to 005-006 and then mix again. This can be done a good while (over six months before it stopped working for me.)

Cut the corner off the black back and squeeze the resin back into the vessel if you can.

Thats a new one on me,I,ll give it a try.I empty my resin into a ladys stocking(she gets mad)but all the resin is retained,and the water passes through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good tip, thanks mate. I’ve just started producing my own water so i’m learning all the time. One mistake I made when I first recharged my resin was filling the resin vessel with normal tap water ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️ That resin didn’t last long ?

Back