Relive resin. Get most out of resin.

Hello everyone. Sorry for another post. Couldn't find it in the search bar. I am wondering if they is any way to maybe get more life or to ' restart ' my resin to get the most out of our. My TDs meter generally comes out about 35 - 50 ppm I understand the RO process but can't afford that route just yet. Any help would be grateful as per. Thanks 😀

4 minutes ago, Azz1 said:

Hello everyone. Sorry for another post. Couldn't find it in the search bar. I am wondering if they is any way to maybe get more life or to ' restart ' my resin to get the most out of our. My TDs meter generally comes out about 35 - 50 ppm I understand the RO process but can't afford that route just yet. Any help would be grateful as per. Thanks 😀

Do you double di or single ?. Giving the vessel a shake will sometimes increase the life if the resin by moving it around a bit , but most double di 

• Agree 2
5 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Do you double di or single ?. Giving the vessel a shake will sometimes increase the life if the resin by moving it around a bit , but most double di 

Sorry if any confusion everybody. I meant that 'tds meter reading' is before it goes into my do vessel. Pjj I do single and Thank You. Thanks

2 hours ago, Azz1 said:

I use only Resin and no RO

I have 2x unger hydropower 

A two stage sediment and carbon block filter 

My mains tap water goes through the two stage filters and then into the first DI and onto the second 

I place a brand new resin bag in DI 2 and the old bag from DI 2 into DI 1 which works as a scrubber and prolongs the life of my resin and repeat that process time and time again

I never allow my resin in DI 2 to exceed 001 and only run my fill process while constantly watching the HM unger TDS meter 

The TDS in Di 1 is only getting to 009 before I dispose of it 

Edited by Apw1210
more information

I empty my Di resin out in a black bag, mix it around throughly with a clean trowel and plonk it back into the vessel. Drops the ppm back to 000 for me time and again. Yes it's a pain to do but I'd sooner save the change on new resin for a little elbow grease for ten mins. I let mine rise to 005-006 and then mix again. This can be done a good while (over six months before it stopped working for me.)

Cut the corner off the black back and squeeze the resin back into the vessel if you can.

• Thanks 2
Diamond geezer

Thats a new one on me,I,ll give it a try.I empty my resin into a ladys stocking(she gets mad)but all the resin is retained,and the water passes through.

Edited by Diamond geezer
ShropsWindowCleaner

Good tip, thanks mate. I’ve just started producing my own water so i’m learning all the time. One mistake I made when I first recharged my resin was filling the resin vessel with normal tap water 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️ That resin didn’t last long 😂