Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Brush Jet Opinions

BESKAN Ben

Afternoon All, I was just wondering what type of jets people are using? I like the look of the fan jets but wondered what peoples thoughts were? Better/Worse than pencil jets? 50 degrees or 100 degrees? Cheers ?

Haha! The old three, or four times a year chestnut. ?

I'd suggest using the search bar.
Tried searching before posting but not seen much on peoples opinions. Got 3 pages deep and thought I would ask outright. I'm just starting out and found most of the info via the search bar that I have needed these past couple of months but just couldn't find much opinions on the jets.

Tried searching before posting but not seen much on peoples opinions. Got 3 pages deep and thought I would ask outright. I'm just starting out and found most of the info via the search bar that I have needed these past couple of months but just couldn't find much opinions on the jets.
I mainly use 2mm pencils. I prefer these. I do have 2 brushes with 50 degree fan jets which I use on some houses. My son prefers 50 degree fan jets but did ask me to fit a couple of 100 degree fans for him. He asked me to remove them and put the 50's back at lunch time on the first day out.

I mainly use 2mm pencils. I prefer these. I do have 2 brushes with 50 degree fan jets which I use on some houses. My son prefers 50 degree fan jets but did ask me to fit a couple of 100 degree fans for him. He asked me to remove them and put the 50's back at lunch time on the first day out.
Type in fan jets vs pencil jets in the search bar. Oct 2019, I think the last big discussion might have been. My views are still the same. 100's all the way. I can't be bothered to type out my reasoning again. No need, it's all there in detail. The quoting was a mistake. My answer was meant for Ben?

Last edited by a moderator:
We use pencil 2 mm jets I have tried fans but dint like the noise or the water going all over the lintels and reveals it brings all he dirt off the walls onto the glass I personally find it difficult  be accurate with rinsing , others will love them and poo poo what I have said , it’s a case of each to there own on this subject. 

IMHO both types have their pros and cons.  It's very much a case of personal preference.  Your work might even dictate what works best for you. 

All I'd say is, try them and see what you prefer. 

The Gardiner jet capsules make trying different types a breeze as you can swap them out in a minute

My preference is fan jets 50 or 100°

We use pencil 2 mm jets I have tried fans but dint like the noise or the water going all over the lintels and reveals it brings all he dirt off the walls onto the glass I personally find it difficult  be accurate with rinsing , others will love them and poo poo what I have said , it’s a case of each to there own on this subject. 
No poo poo from me, kid. I wouldn't dream of poo pooing your experienced and professional opinion. Even though it's different from mine on the subject of jets. ?

Type in fan jets vs pencil jets in the search bar. Oct 2019, I think the last big discussion might have been. My views are still the same. 100's all the way. I can't be bothered to type out my reasoning again. No need, it's all there in detail. The quoting was a mistake. My answer was meant for Ben?
For some of us early wfp starters all we had was pencil jets for years. So I honestly believe its what I'm comfortable with that has become my preference. I have always rinsed off the glass so pencils are what I find works best for my rinsing style.

My son on the other hand prefers fan jets.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some of us early wfp starters all we had was pencil jets for years. So I honestly believe its what I'm comfortable with that has become my preference. I have always rinsed off the glass so pencils are what I fins works best for my rinsing style.

My son on the other hand prefers fan jets.
You could be right, Spruce. I started 6 years ago with 50 degree fans on the advice of a guy with 4 years experience. Been using fans since. Now almost always 100's except when I use old brushes with 50s for rough stuff.

Got to say. I`m loving the 100 degree fan jets. Started off on pencils. Thought they were pretty good but then tryed upping my flow rate with the fan jets and found I was working quicker and not useing that much more water I also like to rinse on the glass so the lack of accuracy wasn`t an issue.

Afternoon All, I was just wondering what type of jets people are using? I like the look of the fan jets but wondered what peoples thoughts were? Better/Worse than pencil jets? 50 degrees or 100 degrees? Cheers ?
For me personally I've tried fan jets. Both the Unger hiflo black one and Xline brass. Both **** in my opinion 

I haven't any issues with standard brass pencil jets

I do use a Face-lift rinse bar daily and find it helps massively. I work with commercial hydrophobic glass alot 

It would be great if we could be able to use would 4 x 1.4mm pencil jets on 26cm brushes but the new Gardiner stock don’t allow that ?

The reason for my above statement is that I personally 4 x 1.4mm pencils on my extreme 35cm. 

Thanks @Davy G very good read ?

And thanks everyone else for sharing your own experiences. Nice to make an informed decision. 

Back