Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

gardiner quick loq vaulve& hoseless

Diamond geezer

I have a new exeed hoseless kit.Will the Gardiners quick loq vaulve not work with it,and why please.and can we not use a swivel,with the quick loq vaulve also Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a new exeed hoseless kit.Will the Gardiners quick loq vaulve not work with it,and why please.and can we not use a swivel,with the quick loq vaulve also Cheers
Yes you can use the tubeless kit with it and if you set it up correct you can also use a swivel. But it does depend on the gooseneck you use.

I use the quick-loq angled brush adapter swivel. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you can use the tubeless kit with it and if you set it up correct you can also use a swivel. But it does depend on the gooseneck you use.

I use the quick-loq angled brush adapter swivel. 

Thanks for that,i think your brush adaptor is  tight to the brush head isnt it.does that make setting up the gooseneck vaulve correctly easier?

Thanks for that,i think your brush adaptor is  tight to the brush head isnt it.does that make setting up the gooseneck vaulve correctly easier?
This is the one I use...

swivel_adapter_view_2-_ggp-ang-sw-df_1.jpg 

..and I have it set up like this using two self tapping screws as I like more of an angle but like my brush to be straight in front of the pole. The swivel and twist valve work together best in this configuration.

20200728_081637.jpg

I have to say I prefer the Twist valve over the Univalve. But that's because it suits me. The univalve is a good bit of kit.

Thanks for that,people on hear have been saying on one topic,that the uni vaulve isnt as reliable as it was at first,and that the twist vaulve is better than it was at first.My uni vaulve is 2 or3 years old and is still working fine(touch wood) just looking to the future.I dont understand for the moment  why you use a slanted brush atatchment.mine is straight if i want it slanted i just adjust my  goose neck

Thanks for that,people on hear have been saying on one topic,that the uni vaulve isnt as reliable as it was at first,and that the twist vaulve is better than it was at first.My uni vaulve is 2 or3 years old and is still working fine(touch wood) just looking to the future.I dont understand for the moment  why you use a slanted brush atatchment.mine is straight if i want it slanted i just adjust my  goose neck
It's personal thing with me.  I really don't like the feel of the brush on the glass when it's situated beneath the pole, ie: on a gooseneck cranked to say 45° especially on a swivel. I have very few large ledges where I need this configuration so prefer my brush to be as close to in line with the pole as possible.  The swivel and gooseneck valve work well together in this configuration as well.  For this to work I use the angled swivel adapter, but still prefer a little more angle on the brush so have modified the swivel so I can set it to whatever angle I like.

I still have the three Univalves that I purchased when they were first released to us and all three still work well.  I just prefer the twist action so at the moment they are redundant. 

We cant use a superscraper with it ,could we use a D/A bronze wool assembly  instead or would that interfear with the pole hose cheers
I seldom have to deal with dirt of the kind that needs a scraper permanently fixed to my pole.  I have a scraper that can be exchanged for the brush but it rarely gets used and stays in the vehicle most of the time.

This might be something you have to experiment with.

ive been wfp for a couple of years,many trad,and i have been suprised how quickly bird poo etc gets disolved with the system ive only i think twice had to get the ladders out and sort it.Your right,one dosent need something on the pole all the time,we just think we do? what do you use please?D/A componants apparently have a new tool, a small applicator sleave with velcro,wrap round broze wool or fibre,and away you go

Virtually everything I come across which is not greasy or oily will soak off.
I keep a small bottle of Screwfix No Nonsense degreaser in a pocket of my gilet and if I come across anything greasy or oily, or unusually tough bird poop, I put a small amount directly on the brush and apply to said muck and this usually gets the job done. The trick is not putting too much on the brush when dealing with these small jobs otherwise you waste a lot of water rinsing it off.  

I use an Unger scraper for ground floor stuff that needs it.

I don't think you'll be able to fit the tubeless kit and gooseneck valve together. There's a push fit on the valve which is inside the pole. That can't be pulled out to push the tube in if you've got a male rectus and bung on the other end.. 

Maybe if fit the valve first and try and fit the tubeless kit after. Could be very fiddly tho.

I don't think you'll be able to fit the tubeless kit and gooseneck valve together. There's a push fit on the valve which is inside the pole. That can't be pulled out to push the tube in if you've got a male rectus and bung on the other end.. 

Maybe if fit the valve first and try and fit the tubeless kit after. Could be very fiddly tho.
I stand corrected. I completely forgot about that. I just use a JG fitting on a short hose tail at the bottom of the pole. Of coarse there’s no issue with that as there’s no bung to consider 

Back