Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Town House Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

MattStreet

Hi Everyone

I am brand new to window cleaning so apologies for my lack of knowledge. I’m looking to purchase a kit which would enable me to clean my townhouse and anyone else who wants it. Looking at the Big Boy 2 kit with one of the 30ft poles. I found a local company offering clear water as well for 3p a litre.

If I was to buy a water storage tank, I was just wondering how long the water can sit in there for?

Also any other advice appreciated.

Hi Everyone

I am brand new to window cleaning so apologies for my lack of knowledge. I’m looking to purchase a kit which would enable me to clean my townhouse and anyone else who wants it. Looking at the Big Boy 2 kit with one of the 30ft poles. I found a local company offering clear water as well for 3p a litre.

If I was to buy a water storage tank, I was just wondering how long the water can sit in there for?

Also any other advice appreciated.
To add some variety to the trade there are plenty of other companies manufacturing water fed poles other than Gardiner 

Obviously stay away from ebay and amazon 

Boss 

Unger 

Facelift

Are you looking to start a window cleaning business or just DIY clean your own home as mentioned by @Master Jedi Alejandro

When you say storing water its down to capacity and usage 

How much do you want and how often are you going to use it.

From my daily usage I'm using around 12 / 15 litres per small house 

You can not store water outside in daylight as the water will grow alge and turn green that applies to pure water 

I have an 2x 1000L IBCs which I fill and use every 3 days approximately so this may help answer your questions or work as a guide for you 

To add some variety to the trade there are plenty of other companies manufacturing water fed poles other than Gardiner 

Obviously stay away from ebay and amazon 

Boss 

Unger 

Facelift

Are you looking to start a window cleaning business or just DIY clean your own home as mentioned by @Master Jedi Alejandro

When you say storing water its down to capacity and usage 

How much do you want and how often are you going to use it.

From my daily usage I'm using around 12 / 15 litres per small house 

You can not store water outside in daylight as the water will grow alge and turn green that applies to pure water 

I have an 2x 1000L IBCs which I fill and use every 3 days approximately so this may help answer your questions or work as a guide for you 
Plenty of other WFPs but why waste the time! ?

Nah but seriously, I use all sorts for all the other companies, but poles gotta be Gardiner! They just work and the customer service is second to non!

I do wonder how long it would take to see a return on your investment if you brought all the equipment just to clean your own windows. You're looking at a easy £400 minimum + water (if they buy it in).

Say 30l per clean for the townhouse, once one is up to speed. so 3p x 30 = 90p a clean. 12 cleans a year - £10.80 for the water.

Lets say the pole lasts them 5 years since they only using it for their own windows (will probably last a lot longer if stored correctly and taken care of) . £400 + £54 (cost of 5 years of water) = 454 / 5 = £90.80 a year /12 = £7.57 per clean, provided the water doesn't go up in price. 

But they also need to actually clean the windows. Or for really not much more you can pay someone to do it and forget the hassle ?

Back