Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Very Large Modern Mansion with Heat Tracing in the Gutters any Advice please

Andy5

Hi Guys

i am about to start my Gutter Cleaning Business and could have the possibility of cleaning out a very large modern mansion house which has Heat Tracing Cables going along the Gutters.

I was wondering if anybody has come across this before and can there be a problem or will it be ok as i have a Sky Vac 85 and also any idea at what the price i could charge for doing this job?

Thanks for any advice given 

If the cables are on the outside it won't be a problem. Cables inside gutters are always a nightmare, they interfere with the water flow and allow build  ups a lot quicker.

No experience of heat tracing cables. Price wise aim to get circa £3 a metre, depending how bad they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Won’t be an issue. They are usually either stuck down inside or just free. They aren’t much more hassle than cctv or sky cables which seem to be a favourite in gutters around me. Just use a plastic end and the vac on the lowest setting you can get away with. Ordinarily they will more than likely be high flow or deep gutters so you should have plenty of room

No idear what heat tracing cables are we just vac the gutter the same wether there are cables in it or not , sometimes grass will grow with the roots around a cable and that can be a pain .

Just be ready to pull your hose of the pole if you hit a cable because if you pull it out its hard getting them back in.

Hi Guys

i am about to start my Gutter Cleaning Business and could have the possibility of cleaning out a very large modern mansion house which has Heat Tracing Cables going along the Gutters.

I was wondering if anybody has come across this before and can there be a problem or will it be ok as i have a Sky Vac 85 and also any idea at what the price i could charge for doing this job?

Thanks for any advice given 
Should be okay, just take your time and do a good job the customer will be happy with.

Your gutter vac will be able to handle the job at hand - good luck ?

Latest Posts

Back