Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Please help my wife and I decide on the best carpet cleaning machine...

Hi All,

I'm totally new to this and would really appreciate some feedback please. My wife and I are due to launch a new carpet cleaning business and have spent time looking into the different models from the:

- Prochem Galaxy with wand and hose

- Craftex Sabrina 5000

- Rug doctor X3 Professional 

The thing with all these machines is that they are only extraction machines they do not agitate the pile. I don't know if it is that important, I notice one guy in his video who uses one has a separate machine to agitate.

We want to get the best job done and will of course be implementing all of the other required tasks per job, what we don't want however is to be lugging around large machines or investing into the incorrect models and then find out later down the road we messed up. 

Any advice will be very much welcomed and thanks so much for reading!

Cheers

Hi All,

I'm totally new to this and would really appreciate some feedback please. My wife and I are due to launch a new carpet cleaning business and have spent time looking into the different models from the:

- Prochem Galaxy with wand and hose

- Craftex Sabrina 5000

- Rug doctor X3 Professional 

The thing with all these machines is that they are only extraction machines they do not agitate the pile. I don't know if it is that important, I notice one guy in his video who uses one has a separate machine to agitate.

We want to get the best job done and will of course be implementing all of the other required tasks per job, what we don't want however is to be lugging around large machines or investing into the incorrect models and then find out later down the road we messed up. 

Any advice will be very much welcomed and thanks so much for reading!

Cheers
hi mate, sadly most if not all of the carpet cleaning guys are probably not on here anymore as this is mostly a window cleaning forum however, whilst i am a window cleaner i do clean our carpets at home using a semi professional kit not the above by the way so i can't say whether those machines are any good or not. the professional machines are extraction only due to the way carpets are cleaned remember its not a rug doctor hired from sainburys, you pre spray or spot a cleaning solution on the carpet first then, it is agitated to either encapsulate the dirt molecules or neutralise stains etc, then using an acid rinse you then bring the ph down by extracting the dirt its not quite as simple as buying a machine and going to clean carpets, you'll both need to go on a training course otherwise you'll go bust very quick or you could cause so much damage  to someones carpets you'd be left with a big bill, honestly i've seen this before on forums in the past hence i said about training first, please don't take any offence by what i've said, its just views on what i've seen happen in the past by people buying a machine and just going to work without prior training or experience.

Out of the three units you picked the best one is the Galaxy, but it's tended to be used to clean the corners of rooms as it's not really a big unit. If you do go for it make sure you check what pump is fitted, some of the older ones had a smaller pump than what they use now.

Would be ok for average size residential jobs. 

If you want something half decent buy this - 

https://www.worldofclean.co.uk/jaguar-cub/

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of the three units you picked the best one is the Galaxy, but it's tended to be used to clean the corners of rooms as it's not really a big unit. If you do go for it make sure you check what pump is fitted, some of the older ones had a smaller pump than what they use now.

Would be ok for average size residential jobs. 

If you want something half decent buy this - 

https://www.worldofclean.co.uk/jaguar-cub/
Thanks for the advice mate we appreciate it 

hi mate, sadly most if not all of the carpet cleaning guys are probably not on here anymore as this is mostly a window cleaning forum however, whilst i am a window cleaner i do clean our carpets at home using a semi professional kit not the above by the way so i can't say whether those machines are any good or not. the professional machines are extraction only due to the way carpets are cleaned remember its not a rug doctor hired from sainburys, you pre spray or spot a cleaning solution on the carpet first then, it is agitated to either encapsulate the dirt molecules or neutralise stains etc, then using an acid rinse you then bring the ph down by extracting the dirt its not quite as simple as buying a machine and going to clean carpets, you'll both need to go on a training course otherwise you'll go bust very quick or you could cause so much damage  to someones carpets you'd be left with a big bill, honestly i've seen this before on forums in the past hence i said about training first, please don't take any offence by what i've said, its just views on what i've seen happen in the past by people buying a machine and just going to work without prior training or experience.
No offence take at all mate and thanks for the feedback. We have been looking into some training courses which we’ll complete before doing any jobs :)

Cheers 

Where are you in UK? PM if prefered. I will be selling my complete kit, good heated portable mashine, crb, vac and all extrass you may need to offer poffesional services.

We have been looking into some training courses which we’ll complete before doing any jobs ?
It might pay in the long term to do the training before buying any kit. Reason being you will have a much better understanding of the process and learn about machines so you can choose the best machine for your needs.

We’re in Dorset 
 @CarpetCleaningNewbie  I don’t do carpet cleaning myself but know someone that does end of tenancy cleans and stuff like that and he has a ProChem Steempro. I don’t know the exact model but he said he’s had it over 10 years and still going strong. He doesn’t use it all day every day, but it is used multiple times a week.

Your best machine is a Ninja 400 psi twin 3-stage vacuums with heat, 50ft hose and a s-bend wand. I have been a carpet cleaner for 32 years. I run a truckmounted cleaning machine.

I used to do carpet cleaning and there is a massive amount of training and knowledge involved. You definately need to go on a course. I did a 3 day course in Cornwall with World of clean. They talk you through all the differant types of carpet cleaning ie dry carpet cleaning, extraction and encapsulation. You really need all the equipment to tackle all three methods as certain carpets require certain types of cleaning. There is a massive learning curve to but on the plus side there is big money to be made. I suggest you join the cleantalk forum and they will point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

Back