Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Reach and wash newbie

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave G

Hi

I have a small window cleaning round and I’m interested in converting from the traditional method to the reach and wash and system. Could anyone give me advice on the best starter packs that I can use with a car. 

Thanks Dave

Hi

I have a small window cleaning round and I’m interested in converting from the traditional method to the reach and wash and system. Could anyone give me advice on the best starter packs that I can use with a car. 

Thanks Dave
Read through the forum threads. Its all there and been asked before.

There is no standard off the shelve system as everyone's needs client base and requirements are different.

The wording is van mounted install or trolley system 

Ok I’ll take a better look next time. Can you give some advice on a preferred site to buy your gear and I’m after a TDS meter. Is there a better brand to buy or avoid?

Ok I’ll take a better look next time. Can you give some advice on a preferred site to buy your gear and I’m after a TDS meter. Is there a better brand to buy or avoid?
Try Daqua. The stuff he sells is genuine. At one time there were a lot of fakes on Ebay , some of which didn't work very well.

Unfortunately some suppliers have been caught up with this as well.

Gardeners are good for poles, brushes and related products, controllers and pumps as well as backpacks.

Purefreedom sell a really good trolley and their Wydale plastic tanks and frames are also good value imho.

R/O equipment Daqua and Grippatank. If you know what you want then GAPS Water is also a good supplier.

Just buy one from Gardiners WFP you wont have any issues. Just google them.

The only TDS meter worth buying and it's the only one I've ever used which is factory calibrated is the H&M brand. There are cheap clones some reputable window cleaning suppliers only for this 

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/search?q=tds*

And anything else window cleaning related from here.

Note. If you find tradman on YouTube you'll get his 10% discount promo code 

With a car and a small round, I'd definitely go for a gardiners backpack. Amazing value for a pump, controller and battery in one.

Then you'll need a pole. I'd recommend gardiner clx18 for normal houses or clx27 if you also have 3 storey (slx27 is better). 

You can get 25l barrels to store water that can be kept in the boot. (25l will last around 25 - 30 mins) 

Gardinerpolesystems.co.uk also sell a pump that drops into the barrels and can pump water directly into the backpack to save you pouring it in manually (barrels are very heavy). 

As others have mentioned Daqua for pure water needs or you can buy pure water directly at spotless water points. 

If you are expanding your business, have the money and want to make your setup better for long term, a van mount system with a fitted tank and 100m of hose is better. 

Back