Window Cleaner Van Insurance

P4dstar

5 minutes ago, Master Jedi Alejandro said:

Didn't realise Ionics would fit and certify a second hand one you buy privately (knew they sell 2nd hand systems). Whats the process, I assume they use new clamps? Do they also check them over?

I buy the systems re burb them myself most come with the clamps but when needed then the approved installer will supply clamps and bolts from ionics they will fit the system and then give me an a certificate stating its a crash tested system fitted by an approved fitting centre , the bolts are always replaced , the last system they fitted was only a couple of months ago two new clamps were needed and new spreader plates and bolts they also cut the holes in the floor for the air intake and exhaust for the thermopure  total cost was £185 , Ime more than happy with that . 

• Like 2
Master Jedi Alejandro
26 minutes ago, Pjj said:

I buy the systems re burb them myself most come with the clamps but when needed then the approved installer will supply clamps and bolts from ionics they will fit the system and then give me an a certificate stating its a crash tested system fitted by an approved fitting centre , the bolts are always replaced , the last system they fitted was only a couple of months ago two new clamps were needed and new spreader plates and bolts they also cut the holes in the floor for the air intake and exhaust for the thermopure  total cost was £185 , Ime more than happy with that . 

That's actually cracking, wished I knew that before! 😂 

When you're getting the quotes you need to get them around 21 days before the day your insurance is due to be renewed.  People who are organised are less of a risk, those organised people get their quotes in before renewal day, 21 days seems the optimal but apparently the optimal date adjusts each year, main thing get it done early.  I just got mine for £151.50 via Gocompare.  Axa via Lloyds Bank.  7 days later the price went to  £155 but I still had the original quote reference which is valid for 30 days.  Don't know how much it would have been had I renewed on renewal day.

On 30/07/2020 at 19:41, Iron Giant said:

@P4dstar guess who's back, back again 👊 I am with Admiral fully declared tank and fully confirmed on my policy documents I pay £360 I think it is, Aviva wanted about £1,200 when I phone them up about 2 years ago

Hi mate this may sound stupid but are you saying £360 for the year?? 
If so that’s mega cheap, I’m paying much more!