Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you dispose of the 'crud' out of the gutters?

ched999uk

Just thinking about gutter cleaning but how do you deal with the crud that the vacuum sucks out? Do you have to have a waste transfer licence and then pay to commercially dispose of it or do you bag it up and leave it to customers? 

Cheers

Just thinking about gutter cleaning but how do you deal with the crud that the vacuum sucks out? Do you have to have a waste transfer licence and then pay to commercially dispose of it or do you bag it up and leave it to customers? 

Cheers
Technically yes you should have a waist licence , we generally leave it at the property behind bushes and flowerbeds , or in a bin bag for the dustman , we do however have a 12 weekly job on a big nursing home where we have a small skip and we fill it every time . 

Thanks, I did wonder as the 'waste' is sort of garden type but most councils don't like soil type waste in the garden 'bin'.

I think the waste transfer licence for waste produced in the course of your business is cheap.

A quote 'Registration is usually free if you only transport waste you produce yourself.' from https://www.gov.uk/register-renew-waste-carrier-broker-dealer-england 

As the waste is produced by you cleaning gutters I think it's FREE but you need to get a licence to be legal to transport it.

Thanks, I did wonder as the 'waste' is sort of garden type but most councils don't like soil type waste in the garden 'bin'.

I think the waste transfer licence for waste produced in the course of your business is cheap.

A quote 'Registration is usually free if you only transport waste you produce yourself.' from https://www.gov.uk/register-renew-waste-carrier-broker-dealer-england 

As the waste is produced by you cleaning gutters I think it's FREE but you need to get a licence to be legal to transport it.
Mix it with household food waste and general crud and they legally have to empty your bin 

Cheers
If they customer is okay with with it, can be used on their soil or flowerbeds. If not, just need to bag it and properly dispose of it yourself ?

Back