Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

solar panel cleaning

mark2788

im a traditional window cleaner but been asked to quote cleaning solar panels, they are only on top of ground floor building so easy to get to, i dont currently have a brush but was thinking of getting a big boy backback system for this and then the odd gutter and conservatory roof jobs. Can i use this to clean them and would it matter if i used pure water? if i only have access to tap would it be a problem on solar panels? thanks for any help 

im a traditional window cleaner but been asked to quote cleaning solar panels, they are only on top of ground floor building so easy to get to, i dont currently have a brush but was thinking of getting a big boy backback system for this and then the odd gutter and conservatory roof jobs. Can i use this to clean them and would it matter if i used pure water? if i only have access to tap would it be a problem on solar panels? thanks for any help 
Solar panels should only be cleaned with pure water according to the manufacturers, tap water depending on the TDS and calcium content could be used but could cause deposits to form on the panels , backpack would be fine for doing them but pole length will vary we find that a 35 foot pole is needed as a minimum on most 2 storey houses , a stiff pole with 10 inch goose neck is generally needed otherwise the pole will rub on the roof tiles or gutter if doing it from the ground , 

Great thanks for your feedback, would you be able to use any chemicals as seen caring advice on this? 
The manufacturers state only pure water , any chemicals will void the warranty and if doing work for them they would hold you responsible fir any issues if chemicals have been used , I personally think this is a bit heavy handed as they are glass after all which it would be difficult to damage  with normal cleaning agents . 

Haha my guess was right. Switch them off. Get a household sponge scouring pad and washing up liquid and wash them down.

Latest Posts

Back