ksp

Has anyone been back to the gym yet?

dazmond
21 hours ago, ched999uk said:

Sight deviation but as someone who has zero muscles and is a couch potato: How is it best to build the muscles required for wfp? i.e. is it better to do more reps or higher weight?

My body shape isn't really good for joining a gym 🙂 plus I am still shielding my partner as she has blood cancer. We do have a treadmill, pilates machine, rowing machine, exercise bike etc, normally used by my partner but I have started doing some exercise.

Any tips?

Cheers

Just keep working using your WFP...your muscles will adapt after a while.....

Can I ask you about your diet?

I always make sure I'm eating around 150g-200g of protein a day and around 3000kcal a day.....sometimes more...

ched999uk
5 minutes ago, dazmond said:

Just keep working using your WFP...your muscles will adapt after a while.....

Can I ask you about your diet?

I always make sure I'm eating around 150g-200g of protein a day and around 3000kcal a day.....sometimes more...

Cheers for the reply.  I haven't actually started yet due to Covid. I was intending to start earlier this year but lockdown put pay to that. I am still stuck indoors as shielding my partner who has a blood cancer so on chemo, so she is vulnerable. I am hoping to start in a couple of months. Not the best time to start but if I can make it work in winter I should be fine in summer 🙂 

Diet wise, mmmm well I am starting by cutting down on excess calories (less beer etc) to reduce the Covid belly first 🙂 . My partner is quite into healthy diet and fitness so she will be helping me choose the right things 🙂 

So far I have been just trying to improve my basic fitness as I had quite a sedentary job previously. I have started some treadmill work and some pilates upper body work. My legs are OK just need to really work on upper body, core and back I think?

I am not contemplating 'body building' as such just trying to give my body a head start for when I do start wfp. The last thing I want to do is start canvassing/advertising doing first cleans then not being able to do anything for 2 days while my body recovers 😉 

Thanks for any tips you can offer.

dazmond

The great thing is you ve started exercising.....the key is consistency(do 2 or 3 one hour workouts per week).....and diet obviously.....its very simple really....keep it up...its better than sitting on the couch most of the time.....

If your not working using WFP regularly then nothing will prepare you for the work,your body will adapt as you go along.....but the increased fitness from exercising regularly  will surely help a bit.....

harunh
21 hours ago, ched999uk said:

Cheers. Interesting idea of getting a CLX to build muscles and gain control. I was going for a SLX22 as I was thinking lighter would give my arms and shoulders a bit less of a workout 🙂 I'm not young (51) so maybe lightest will be best on the old shoulders 🙂.

Cheers for the advice it's much appreciated. 

A pole will not build muscle at all, it may keep u fit yes... to build muscle u need to eat the right foods and train each specific muscle hard

ksp
1 hour ago, harunh said:

A pole will not build muscle at all, it may keep u fit yes... to build muscle u need to eat the right foods and train each specific muscle hard

Depends what you’re classify as building muscle. Are you going to ripped like a body builder, no. Are the muscles you use day in/day out going to adapt to deal with the new demands you put on them? Without question. Just like it would in any other physical job you do. 

The best thing you can do to physically adapt to use WFP is use WFP. If you want to get stronger, good form, low reps, heavy weights. If you’re not fussed about tracking macros, just take a couple of protein shakes on top of what you’d usually eat and you can gorge on anything you want and have good strength gains in a small period of time as a newbie. The first 12 weeks you can see a huge improvement. 

Den
On 07/08/2020 at 23:14, Part Timer said:

I'm nearly 57, a lot younger then @Den and @steve garwood and also have a lot more hair then the pair combined. I don't know your physical condition but initially you'll be doing more leg work then shoulder work.

I’m a reverse Samson bald head and look like a Greek god and most importantly a sexy beast 😄

Dave B
36 minutes ago, Den said:

I’m a reverse Samson bald head and look like a Greek god and most importantly a sexy beast 😄

You mean ray winstone as sexy beast more like.

Screenshot_20200809-213155_Samsung Internet.jpg

Part Timer
On 08/08/2020 at 18:42, harunh said:

Sorry but that is absolute rubbish. I eat any old rubbish, drink 50 times the advised alcohol levels. Haven't done any weights for 30+ years and struggle to get short sleeve shirts that fit over my arms.

A friend of mine, that did massive steroids and ran the field gun for many years, noticed the prominent veins and said they're similar to what weightlifters get.

Dave B
2 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Sorry but that is absolute rubbish. I eat any old rubbish, drink 50 times the advised alcohol levels. Haven't done any weights for 30+ years and struggle to get short sleeve shirts that fit over my arms.

A friend of mine, that did massive steroids and ran the field gun for many years, noticed the prominent veins and said they're similar to what weightlifters get.

Exactly.

I do go to the gym but the job keeps me in shape also.

As ct fletcher says "just pick 💩up."

Don't matter what it is or how heavy it will still have an effect on your body.

Straining with a pole at 30ft trying to clean at an awkward angle over a conny roof for example will definitely build muscle which is how the job gets easier with time.

Part Timer
2 minutes ago, Dave B said:

Exactly.

I do go to the gym but the job keeps me in shape also.

As ct fletcher says "just pick 💩up."

Don't matter what it is or how heavy it will still have an effect on your body.

Straining with a pole at 30ft trying to clean at an awkward angle over a conny roof for example will definitely build muscle which is how the job gets easier with time.

Any repetition exercise will build muscle

Dave B
5 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Any repetition exercise will build muscle

You must have a massive pint lifting arm then.

Part Timer
4 minutes ago, Dave B said:

You must have a massive pint lifting arm then.

The only thing I'm ambidextrous at.

scottish cleaning service

Forget the gym and get yourself a £425 Beerwulf beer tap. Got mine working last night and all my mates are buying one. Great pulling a pint for a nightcap to wind down after hard day cleaning.

Beerwulf.com

THL4KEL
1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Forget the gym and get yourself a £425 Beerwulf beer tap. Got mine working last night and all my mates are buying one. Great pulling a pint for a nightcap to wind down after hard day cleaning.

Beerwulf.com

Which beer did you get?

Edited by THL4KEL