mrseanholmes12345

Holmes

I have a Ford 186 bar pressure washer and want to soft wash my roof. It has a detergent tank but I want to add a biocide, can I put the biocide in the detergent tank and if so how much?

On 02/08/2020 at 20:06, Holmes said:

I have a Ford 186 bar pressure washer and want to soft wash my roof. It has a detergent tank but I want to add a biocide, can I put the biocide in the detergent tank and if so how much?

basic answer NO... it won't mix the correct effective ratio needed as it has no proportioner valve. Its not car shampoo soap 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pjj said:

You cannot , any pump up sprayer or backpack will be ok though .

thanks mate, what do i use to clean a driveway?

2 hours ago, Holmes said:

thanks mate, what do i use to clean a driveway?

It depends what it’s dirty with if it’s algi , Moss ,licken, mould etc then a hypo mix will kill it then pressure wash it off , biocides will also kill that type of thing but it takes longer to work ,and in my opinion still needs pressure washing to remove the dirt .if it’s just general grime then just pressure wash.  

scottish cleaning service

Always better to PW right from the start and make a decision from there and I will tell you why. I did a big PW job and the customer asked me to replace some of the mortar that had sunk in the patio. The patio was dirty so I asked him what colour the mortar was and he said black. Bought a tub of easy joint black mortar and away I went to do the job but to everyone's surprise the mortar was pink in colour. I spent all night pushing the old mortar through with a hammer and cold chisel so I could replace it with my black mortar. Lesson learned as they say.