Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Closing Off Technique

Ive been cleaning windows since i was 16, i was never taught just given a squeegee, mop and scrim.

the fanning technique as its called just seems natural and the cutting in is just common sense. 

But the closing off I was alway told to close off on the left and not on the right .

Was anyone else taught this and if so can you explain the methodology behind it please? 

Don't do traditional but a few commercial internals we do I always close on the right. I'm right handed so think it's natural for me to do so. No one taught me so might not be the reply required

I tend to close off on the left when using my left hand and close off on the right when using my right hand but that’s just habit more than anything, I think just doing whatever naturally feels right tends to be the most efficient way

I close off wherever I need to depending on size of squeegee and window.

If using my trad setup for bottoms I have a 6", 10", 14" and 18" on my belt.

If doing commercial I will have my 22" also.

I work pretty much the same way as you see polz'n'bladz work on youtube except for wfp'ing tops instead of trad pole.

Always the least movements needed to clean each piece of glass.

This is an old pic of my trad belt.

Changed a bit since this was taken in 2018 but basically the same.. all moerman now though.

Screenshot_20200802-233528_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I close off wherever I need to depending on size of squeegee and window.

If using my trad setup for bottoms I have a 6", 10", 14" and 18" on my belt.

If doing commercial I will have my 22" also.

I work pretty much the same way as you see polz'n'bladz work on youtube except for wfp'ing tops instead of trad pole.

Always the least movements needed to clean each piece of glass.

This is an old pic of my trad belt.

Changed a bit since this was taken in 2018 but basically the same.. all moerman now though.

View attachment 21543
Don’t suppose you remember where you got your holster from? I got one but the moerman squeegees didn’t fit 

Only trad a few commercial jobs inside theses days. I don’t think there is a right or wrong way of finishing off doesn’t make any difference to the finished  results also depends on the size of the window and ware you start , 

I'm left handed but close off horizontally either bottom left or right. Depends where my hand ends up half the time 

Back