Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Ladder Association

Whenever I see a new thread come up about ladders or traditional window cleaning, I think to myself - it must be that guy from Teddington...

Plenty of ladder training/safety courses online - not sure what's the point of them, unless of course you don't know how to use a ladder.

£15 + VAT >>> https://www.hsqe.co.uk/course/ladder-safety/

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever I see a new thread come up about ladders or traditional window cleaning, I think to myself - it must be that guy from Teddington...

Plenty of ladder training/safety courses online - not sure what's the point of them, unless of course you don't know how to use a ladder.

£15 + VAT >>> https://www.hsqe.co.uk/course/ladder-safety/
You have made my day @madeads , consistency is key! 

giphy.gif

Online training is not worth paying for in my opinion especially at such a low price. All of that information is available through the HSE.

The ladder association offer a hands on training session and they have nationwide locations available. 

For a beginner who is enthusiastic about working traditional where apprenticeship is not an option and you have no experience with ladders, then a hands on course would be a great way to get some confidence in a safe environment. 

You have made my day @madeads , consistency is key! 

giphy.gif

Online training is not worth paying for in my opinion especially at such a low price. All of that information is available through the HSE.

The ladder association offer a hands on training session and they have nationwide locations available. 

For a beginner who is enthusiastic about working traditional where apprenticeship is not an option and you have no experience with ladders, then a hands on course would be a great way to get some confidence in a safe environment. 
Any training is good especially if someone has never used a ladder we take a full day with new recruits in the Fireservice training them just the basics then there is on going training with different types of pitch , and the 3-4 different types of ladders that we use ,hands on training is far better than classroom or Internet stuff ,we have occasionally run open days for builders handy persons etc to come and do a free training session, 99% of theses ones have been using ladders for years but the majority enjoy it and learn something that will hopefully make them more safety aware .  

Years ago I helped a mate who works for sky to install his security cameras.

He said he could tell I was a windie as I had no fear and while he was preparing I was already up there with no fear lol.

I remember 20 years ago going up a sets of quads and standing on the 4th rung while putting up signs.

No days I only use a ladder to go in my loft of put up floodlighting 

Common sense is free £15 phwwwrrr 

I remember 20 years ago going up a sets of quads and standing on the 4th rung while putting up signs.

No days I only use a ladder to go in my loft of put up floodlighting 

Common sense is free £15 phwwwrrr 
I remember cleaning the dormers on a roof extension on a townhouse so 4 floors up.

Put ladder on gutter at full 8.5m and then lean over at a stretch to get the dormers done.. and they were georgian lol.

Wouldn't do it nowadays as I value my life.

I remember cleaning the dormers on a roof extension on a townhouse so 4 floors up.

Put ladder on gutter at full 8.5m and then lean over at a stretch to get the dormers done.. and they were georgian lol.

Wouldn't do it nowadays as I value my life.
I know what you mean. Me to 

Heights don't bother me as I got all my certificates for climbing and abseiling in the army and have abseiled 175 foot upside down in the past but I do have a healthy fear of falling and dying on a ladder.

It’s hard work going up raking ladders like that 
Ye we used to clean the domes and barrels on the top of the Trafford centre and had to go up about 50 foot of those before you even got to the bottom of the gantry for the big centre dome. Classic Dibnah, in my neck of the woods. I bet you can see my house from the top of there. 

Back