Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Burger Van Clean

GarethC

I have been asked to clean exterior of a burger wagon every 2 weeks. Couple questions for advice please, how much to charge and what solution and mix to use? 

I have been asked to clean exterior of a burger wagon every 2 weeks. Couple questions for advice please, how much to charge and what solution and mix to use? 
It all depends on how big the van is It factory paint or sign vinyl wrapped

Luton style box body on chassis or large transit size 

Is the serving hatch water tight 

Will you be pressure washing it or WFP cleaning it

Whats the finish like now and does it have any visible damage or paint imperfections 

Things to consider before taking in the job as blame is a game 

Do they want it washed and waxed then polished 

Or a simple road grime TFR scrub and hose down..

The price could be from £50 to £90 depending on time spent cleaning 

Wheels = brake dust 

Glass

Body 

Roof 

And so on 

Last edited by a moderator:
First clean a really weak tfr solution then rinse, after that 2weekly just water will be enough.

Depending on size a brekkie bagette and a mug of coffee oncea week would do me failing that £15

First clean a really weak tfr solution then rinse, after that 2weekly just water will be enough.

Depending on size a brekkie bagette and a mug of coffee oncea week would do me failing that £15
Could I use screwfix degreaser on it?

It all depends on how big the van is It factory paint or sign vinyl wrapped

Luton style box body on chassis or large transit size 

Is the serving hatch water tight 

Will you be pressure washing it or WFP cleaning it

Whats the finish like now and does it have any visible damage or paint imperfections 

Things to consider before taking in the job as blame is a game 

Do they want it washed and waxed then polished 

Or a simple road grime TFR scrub and hose down..

The price could be from £50 to £90 depending on time spent cleaning 

Wheels = brake dust 

Glass

Body 

Roof 

And so on 
Its a trailer roughly 12ft long 6ft wide, wfp and degreaser?

Whats the paint finish like? And are you familiar with chemicals and surfaces you intend on cleaning? 

It's not a chip shop floor 
I was thinking degreaser for black streaks? I'm not sure if anyone on here has used degreaser on these type of things. 

I approached one of those burger vans, and the woman behind the counter was obese, covered in sweat and stunk of B.O.

I was starving so thought sod it.

I said ‘Two burgers and a hot dog please’

She opened the freezer, took out two burgers and placed them under her armpit.

I said ‘what the hell you doing?’

She said ‘I’m defrosting your burgers’

I said ‘well you can cancel my hot dog’ ?

I approached one of those burger vans, and the woman behind the counter was obese, covered in sweat and stunk of B.O.

I was starving so thought sod it.

I said ‘Two burgers and a hot dog please’

She opened the freezer, took out two burgers and placed them under her armpit.

I said ‘what the hell you doing?’

She said ‘I’m defrosting your burgers’

I said ‘well you can cancel my hot dog’ ?
??

We used to do one years ago monthly just the sides , front and back it was the size of a medium wheel base sprinter van but caravan shape if that makes sense , we sprayed it with a  5-1 mix of virosol good scrub with the pole rinse job done took about 20 muinits and charged £25 and we had a free lunch as well ??? if we did the roof on odd occasions it was £50 the roof was bad from the chimney fat and grease everywhere ,always came up well  though. I wouldn’t take on stuff like that now but it was a friends so felt a bit compelled to do it . 

I don't know how long you have been window cleaning @GarethC but when you have gaps to fill it's tempting to try to take on any work you can get hold of.

Whilst it might help pay bills now it's not a good long term strategy. Better use your 'free' time to canvas for more window cleaning work.

Doing jobs like this are a distraction from your business focus - to build up a lucrative window cleaning round.

This is from my personal book of experience. Done that and got the tee shirt.

If you have some Screwfix degreaser I'd use that first. You'll end up with a garage full of three quarter full tins otherwise. 
I've got one of those. Starting to look like Steptoe's yard.

I don't know how long you have been window cleaning @GarethC but when you have gaps to fill it's tempting to try to take on any work you can get hold of.

Whilst it might help pay bills now it's not a good long term strategy. Better use your 'free' time to canvas for more window cleaning work.

Doing jobs like this are a distraction from your business focus - to build up a lucrative window cleaning round.

This is from my personal book of experience. Done that and got the tee shirt.
I think you've hit the nail on the head Spruce. I started out offering all sorts. Bin washing, pressure washing, gutters, solars... The bin washing customers became a real pain in the posterior, having to arrive on a certain day etc, turn up late they would have put bags in. Since I've been focusing on just windows (Occasional gutters and Solars too) I have more customers than I know what to do with.

@GarethC, keep your eyes on the prize mate.

I've got one of those. Starting to look like Steptoe's yard.

I think you've hit the nail on the head Spruce. I started out offering all sorts. Bin washing, pressure washing, gutters, solars... The bin washing customers became a real pain in the posterior, having to arrive on a certain day etc, turn up late they would have put bags in. Since I've been focusing on just windows (Occasional gutters and Solars too) I have more customers than I know what to do with.

@GarethC, keep your eyes on the prize mate.
I bought 25 tubs of degreaser when Screwfix were selling it for £5.99 for 5 litres and I think I have 23 tubs left. I usually take on anything but I don't have the room no more. I find I get greedy for the roof cleans where I can make good money but its only seasonal. Only have one thing left to buy now and that's a scaffold for the roof cleans. Was thinking of renting a container to fill it with more junk or bite the bullet and have a massive clearout. ?

@GarethC seemed adamant that he was going to do this job despite some of us advising against doing it. I wonder how he managed.

Oh, he hasn't visited to forum since his last post on here on the 3rd August.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back