Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Why is my resin not lasting?

Baldmonkey

Hi all, bought 15 kg of purolite from @doug atkinson @ daqua about 6 weeks ago and it's already at 2ppm when I've probably produced 5000ltr with a starting ppm of less than 40......am I missing something here? Tia

Hi all, bought 15 kg of purolite from @doug atkinson @ daqua about 6 weeks ago and it's already at 2ppm when I've probably produced 5000ltr with a starting ppm of less than 40......am I missing something here? Tia
I presume you mean 15 litres not 15 kg. What size vessel have you been using and   Is this from one fill you have got 5,000 litres. I would also double check the input ppm as it has increased in some areas.

I presume you mean 15 litres not 15 kg. What size vessel have you been using and   Is this from one fill you have got 5,000 litres. I would also double check the input ppm as it has increased in some areas.
I use a different brand of Resin which normally lasts alot longer but noticed recently the ppm was creeping up alot quicker than normal. My RO normally gets my water down from about 250 to 10 or 11 (living on south coast) but checked and it's up to 19 or 20 out the ro so checked the tap water and it's coming out tap at 330 plus most days! This matches what Doug says I wonder why ppm has increased so much maybe the water companies have added stuff to water????

5000Ltrs from resin you purchased 6 week ago. resin is pretty good going. That's 5 metric tons or 5 IBCs 

Are you using two stage filters such as a carbon block and sediment filters?

I get around 3200 ltrs from one 6kg genuine Unger Hydropower bag going through a two stage filter with a home TDS of between 57 & 73 ppm 

5000Ltrs from resin you purchased 6 week ago. resin is pretty good going. That's 5 metric tons or 5 IBCs 

Are you using two stage filters such as a carbon block and sediment filters?

I get around 3200 ltrs from one 6kg genuine Unger Hydropower bag going through a two stage filter with a home TDS of between 57 & 73 ppm 
Flipping heck glad Ime ro I would be changing that twice a week at least ??????

I'm Ro..... Water is 360 in my neck of the woods
I have a 20 ltr resin vessel and  produce a minimum of 1000 ltr of pure per day sometimes it’s 2500 ltr per day and I change the resin every 10-12 months , my tap TDS is about 95 though . 

I have a 20 ltr resin vessel and  produce a minimum of 1000 ltr of pure per day sometimes it’s 2500 ltr per day and I change the resin every 10-12 months , my tap TDS is about 95 though . 
I take it 95 ppm is not going into the vessel as it would not last even a month at that ppm.

Latest Posts

Back