Jump to content

What generator do you use?


ksp

Recommended Posts

I’m currently looking at a generator for the gutter sucker junior I have. I also have a 3000w vacuum I was going to use as an upgrade on the junior but my concern is that the weight of the generator I’d need jumps up by about 40kg so making the transportation of it more of an issue. 
 

This is the one I’m currently looking at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bohmer-AG-Electric-Key-Start-Generator-3-8-KVA-3000w-Portable-Petrol-4-Stoke/252736799609?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3Dfaee709b26be4feaad420304b3a549cd%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D15%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D252242706619%26itm%3D252736799609%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A6c31f951-d5b6-11ea-b2dc-d6019379fa4d|parentrq%3Ab59066af1730a69e54ded2ebffdbbf68|iid%3A1

 

What do you guys use? 

Link to post

I use a SGS 8.5KVA generator that weighs nearly 100kgs though. It does run all day without any problems, until I said it. A smaller genie might well run the vac but I do some sites that are 6 hour jobs so need something working comfortably rather than at full tilt. 

Link to post
22 hours ago, ksp said:

I’m currently looking at a generator for the gutter sucker junior I have. I also have a 3000w vacuum I was going to use as an upgrade on the junior but my concern is that the weight of the generator I’d need jumps up by about 40kg so making the transportation of it more of an issue. 
 

This is the one I’m currently looking at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bohmer-AG-Electric-Key-Start-Generator-3-8-KVA-3000w-Portable-Petrol-4-Stoke/252736799609?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3Dfaee709b26be4feaad420304b3a549cd%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D15%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D252242706619%26itm%3D252736799609%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A6c31f951-d5b6-11ea-b2dc-d6019379fa4d|parentrq%3Ab59066af1730a69e54ded2ebffdbbf68|iid%3A1

 

What do you guys use? 

Stay away from these they are Sh1t..

Get a decent branded generator as most small engine repair centres like lawnmower centres and electrical equipment services wont touch them. The AVRs burn out and the circuit boards are often potted in resin

Lonchin 

Honda 

Clarke 

Stephill 

Briggs and stratton 

All the brands I own 

Link to post
36 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

Stay away from these they are Sh1t..

Get a decent branded generator as most small engine repair centres like lawnmower centres and electrical equipment services wont touch them. The AVRs burn out and the circuit boards are often potted in resin

Lonchin 

Honda 

Clarke 

Stephill 

Briggs and stratton 

All the brands I own 

I have been looking at a Loncin generator as well.

Link to post
28 minutes ago, ksp said:

I have been looking at a Loncin generator as well.

The Clarke IG3500F is a great generator that I have. Not heavy and maximum load of 3200w ideally if you are using a vac you'll need approximately 4.6kva of slightly higher.

 

With added negative pressure on the motor the current increases quickly. Even though its a resistive load it pays to go 50% higher than the vacuums maximum peak wattage 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.