Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Removing paint from uPvc fascia

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi all,

I've got a job at the end of this week where someone has splashed brown fence paint onto a low level white fascia and it's been on there for years. Does anyone know how I can remove this please without making the surface beneat dull and scratched ?

Hi all,

I've got a job at the end of this week where someone has splashed brown fence paint onto a low level white fascia and it's been on there for years. Does anyone know how I can remove this please without making the surface beneat dull and scratched ?
Scraper and something like washing up liquid as a lubricant use a new blade and go careful, ime guessing there will be permanent staining on the plastic , but once the paint is removed you could carefully try some solvent cleaner on it , might improve the look . 

Scraper and something like washing up liquid as a lubricant use a new blade and go careful, ime guessing there will be permanent staining on the plastic , but once the paint is removed you could carefully try some solvent cleaner on it , might improve the look . 
As @Pjj mentioned is the best method. Avoid using petrol or solvents before scraping with a super duper new sharp blade and washing up liquid for glide. After you have removed it then try some screwfix big wipes. If you find the pigment has stained isopropyl might remove it 

Probably quicker to re-clad. I've got so many ruined conservatories, window frames etc from people spraying fences but I reckon masonry paint is the worst. Did a first clean this week, looks like the windows were black filthy when the render was painted, the white paint has hit the filth on the window frames and mixed, now I come to clean it 3 years later and the frames are a mess. Looked much better when I'd finished but still awful.

Back