Jump to content

Which hose connectors?


Dale Transparent

Recommended Posts

Dale Transparent

Hi All, I am just wondering if you have any recommendations for hose connections? Any particular brand?

I am running 12mm hose from pumps to Di vessel fitted with male swivel connections, so I'm looking at attachments that join the hose to the swivel connections.

Have previously used Hoselock aquastops, but they don't seem to be durable and I am replacing on an annual basis.

Thanks in advance, Dale

Link to post
1 hour ago, Dale Transparent said:

Hi All, I am just wondering if you have any recommendations for hose connections? Any particular brand?

I am running 12mm hose from pumps to Di vessel fitted with male swivel connections, so I'm looking at attachments that join the hose to the swivel connections.

Have previously used Hoselock aquastops, but they don't seem to be durable and I am replacing on an annual basis.

Thanks in advance, Dale

claber make great connectors. If you mean joining a hose to the hose reel most swivel connectors are pants and leak. A commercial direct fitment 3/4 high pressure rated fitting would best suit. 

 

That is proving you have a 3/4 bsp fitting

 

https://www.bladerightcleaningsupplies.co.uk/shop/water-fed-window-cleaning/hoses-reels/heavy-duty-90deg-hosereel-swivel/

20200804_172148.jpg

Link to post
2 hours ago, Apw1210 said:

claber make great connectors. If you mean joining a hose to the hose reel most swivel connectors are pants and leak. A commercial direct fitment 3/4 high pressure rated fitting would best suit. 

 

That is proving you have a 3/4 bsp fitting

 

https://www.bladerightcleaningsupplies.co.uk/shop/water-fed-window-cleaning/hoses-reels/heavy-duty-90deg-hosereel-swivel/

20200804_172148.jpg

Perfect except I use a rectus 26 barb on the end to be able to remove the reel easily.

Link to post
15 minutes ago, Dave B said:

Perfect except I use a rectus 26 barb on the end to be able to remove the reel easily.

Sorry I'm not a mind reader. Replace the swivel barb to a rectus 26 and your sorted 

Link to post
Dale Transparent

Thanks both, I have rectus fittings connecting my reel, but I am look for fittings to link my pump hose to the Di vessel, if that makes sense.

Link to post
19 hours ago, Dale Transparent said:

Thanks both, I have rectus fittings connecting my reel, but I am look for fittings to link my pump hose to the Di vessel, if that makes sense.

I used to use the hoselock system (standard hose pipe connector) but I was sick of them not fitting properly and weeping, so got sick of it and just put my bare hose directly onto the male fitting of the hoselock system and got an oclip big enough to hold it and it has never dripped since I did it 5 months ago. 

If you struggle getting the hose over, boil the kettle and leave the end in a mug of boiling water for a few minutes and it will pop straight on. 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Dale Transparent
4 hours ago, Baldmonkey said:

I used to use the hoselock system (standard hose pipe connector) but I was sick of them not fitting properly and weeping, so got sick of it and just put my bare hose directly onto the male fitting of the hoselock system and got an oclip big enough to hold it and it has never dripped since I did it 5 months ago. 

If you struggle getting the hose over, boil the kettle and leave the end in a mug of boiling water for a few minutes and it will pop straight on. 

Thanks @Baldmonkey, I was considering this, but wasn't sure if it would work or not. Do you remove the rubber o-rings on the male fitting or do they create a seal?

Link to post
31 minutes ago, Dale Transparent said:

Thanks @Baldmonkey, I was considering this, but wasn't sure if it would work or not. Do you remove the rubber o-rings on the male fitting or do they create a seal?

I've done the same as #Baldmonkey suggested to you. I left the O ring on and heated the hose. I used two Jubilee (hose) clips successfully. They've been on for a couple of years but his idea of using compression O rings is probably better. 🙂

Edited by Davy G
Slight tweek, as I nearly always do. 🙂
  • Like 1
Link to post
12 hours ago, Dale Transparent said:

Thanks @Baldmonkey, I was considering this, but wasn't sure if it would work or not. Do you remove the rubber o-rings on the male fitting or do they create a seal?

I just left them on 👍

  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.